2019 Philadelphia Defeating Dallas 17 to 9

LeonardRachiele

2019 Philadelphia Defeating Dallas 17 to 9

Post by LeonardRachiele »

Wins over Dallas always seem to be the most important of the season and 2019 was no exception. The Philadelphia Eagles held the Cowboys to three field goals in getting their record to .500. It was a real exciting game that should have been much easier.
In the first half leading 10 to 3, the Eagles had the ball just inside Cowboy territory twice. They failed to convert a third and one and then a fourth and one. With nine minutes to go in the game, Dak Prescot threw a fourth and seven pass to Randall Cobb at the Eagle 43. Had the our guys held there, the game would been over. That’s why I was somewhat disappointed over Miles Sanders sliding at the Cowboy 30 on the final play. The previous week a walk off touchdown vs Washington gave the Eagles momentum for this win over Dallas. Since the Eagles missed at least three chances to score more points, a touchdown on the final play would feel more impressive. At any rate this 17 to 9 victory was exciting until the end.
Brian wolf

Re: 2019 Philadelphia Defeating Dallas 17 to 9

Post by Brian wolf »

The real question is whether Sanders will be back for 2023 if the Eagles win it all.
Spill the beans Leonard, what were your thoughts on a convincing Eagles domination of SF this weekend? Do you think they can stop The Hoblin' Goblin Mahomes ?
LeonardRachiele

Post by LeonardRachiele »

Let's wait until the Super Bowl is over and then talk about 2023. The Eagles have had their share of injuries through years which have cost them games. Thet defeated the 49ers easily and that's all matters. In 2017, they overcame the injuries and of course the won big prize. Unlike 2018 and 2019, the NFC East was very weak that year. I think Doug Pederson's enthusiasm and honesty was contagious had allot to do with our team success. However, these intangible factors seldom last more than one year and the 9-7 record both seasons reflected that. They couldn't overcome the injuries in either of the two years . I think letting LeGarrette Blount go was a big mistake. He could get some long runs and had the ability to get a first down in 3rd and short situations. Suddenly the Eagles ball control offense was no longer there.

We have had our share of injuries and maybe things evened out.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Fair enough ... fans are hoping to go all the way but a great year neverthless. Especially when they can hammer a SF team that has been one of the best since 2019. If the Eagles are to win they need over 30 carries but we will see. I dont think Sanders returns next year ...