2022/23 Conference Championship Games

Brian wolf

Re: 2022/23 Conference Championship Games

Post by Brian wolf »

Sorry racepug but if Suh gets another ring, he will get into the HOF someday. His
knocking out a rattled Johnson was huge for the Birds today. The Eagles pass rush will be coming for Mahomes ...
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Suh had a rep as a dirty player when he played in Detroit, but he was certainly effective (and he was our dirty player, so we tended to overlook such things as kicking guys and dumbass penalties). He had enough honors in the first half of his career that, combined with a second SB ring (if he gets it) likely will get him in the Hall, but he'll have to wait a few years.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Brian wolf wrote:Sorry racepug but if Suh gets another ring, he will get into the HOF someday.
IMO this ring makes no difference one way or the others, this will be seen as more or less a gravy train
ring, joined team mid-season, along for the ride.

His getting in will rest on first half of career--if that is enough or not. It may be. Last half of career
IMo was up and down. Some good years with Mia and TB, and IMO was terrible with Rams.
However, was good in playoffs with Rams in 2018. Nothing during reg season. Oddly line A'Shawn
Robinson last year. Just kind of "there" in reg season and was a factor in playoffs.

Anyway, I could, of course, be wrong, but this ring, if he gets it or not, doesn't do much
to enhance the case.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Youre probably right John but I also get the feeling he will make some plays in this SB. That pass rush smells blood with Mahomes and one of my friends admitted he liked watching replays of Suh knocking out Johnson from the game. A good couple of days for Eagles fans but will Hoblin' Goblin Mahomes throw a pumpkin on their SB hopes ?
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Brian wolf wrote:Youre probably right John but I also get the feeling he will make some plays in this SB. That pass rush smells blood with Mahomes and one of my friends admitted he liked watching replays of Suh knocking out Johnson from the game. A good couple of days for Eagles fans but will Hoblin' Goblin Mahomes throw a pumpkin on their SB hopes ?
I think you are right about that. Eagles have waves of rushers, they will stay fresh and will be a problem for KC, esp. their tackles.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I'm another one who thinks Phila's pass rush and Mahone's ankle are gonna result in an Eagles win. But man, I'm almost always wrong with predictions, so take it with a dump truck load of salt.