Postseason trivia question!

Bryan

Postseason trivia question!

Post by Bryan »

This will be a two-part question....1) name the first postseason game where one team had two separate 100-yard RBs
Jay Z

Re: Postseason trivia question!

Post by Jay Z »

1976 Vikings vs Redskins, Foreman and McClanahan?

McClanhan's high in the regular season was 61.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Jay Z wrote:1976 Vikings vs Redskins, Foreman and McClanahan?

McClanhan's high in the regular season was 61.
That was actually going to be the answer to the second part of the question. I found that the Foreman/McClanahan duo to be an odd answer....but there is one more pair of RBs who accomplished this prior to that 1976 game.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Didnt Franco and Rocky do it as well in the 74' AFC Champ game but Rocky had a late negative run that put him at 98 yards?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote:Didnt Franco and Rocky do it as well in the 74' AFC Champ game but Rocky had a late negative run that put him at 98 yards?
Yes, there were actually quite a few instances in which the second RB had like 95 yards.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Bryan wrote:
Brian wolf wrote:Didnt Franco and Rocky do it as well in the 74' AFC Champ game but Rocky had a late negative run that put him at 98 yards?
Yes, there were actually quite a few instances in which the second RB had like 95 yards.
Yes, Hornung (105) and Taylor (96) in the 1965 championship game against the Browns comes to mind.

I found the answer, but after a lot of digging. I won’t post it because I went down the rabbit hole to get it. Thanks, Bryan.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I just had a thought that maybe the Bears accomplished this in their 73-0 but after checking, nope.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

W/o looking it up, was it Lincoln and Lowe in the '63 AFL title game?
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Nope, I was wrong. Just looked it up: Lincoln a whopping 206 yds on 13 carries, Lowe with 94 on a dozen attempts. But what a backfield.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

RichardBak wrote:Nope, I was wrong. Just looked it up: Lincoln a whopping 206 yds on 13 carries, Lowe with 94 on a dozen attempts. But what a backfield.
That was my first guess as well, but Lowe fell a few yards short. This guess is on the right track to the actual answer.