5 straight missed PAT

Sonny9

Re: 5 straight missed PAT

Post by Sonny9 »

What I read somewhere. 45 minutes before the game teams were told they could not use a marker for place kicks anymore. The marker was used to help spot the ball and show the kicker exactly where the ball should be before he kicked. You can see some teams picking something up after kicks.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Maher Mania Strikes Again!
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Well, this time his kick was blocked. Jeezus. Let's see what the second half brings. Who's to say he won't wind up kicking a last-second game-winning FG? Life be strange.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

RichardBak wrote:Well, this time his kick was blocked. Jeezus. Let's see what the second half brings. Who's to say he won't wind up kicking a last-second game-winning FG? Life be strange.
Bite your tongue... ;) :)
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

JuggernautJ wrote:
RichardBak wrote:Well, this time his kick was blocked. Jeezus. Let's see what the second half brings. Who's to say he won't wind up kicking a last-second game-winning FG? Life be strange.
...or boot it straight into the center's ass. (Trying to play both sides here.)
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

RichardBak wrote:
JuggernautJ wrote:
...or boot it straight into the center's ass. (Trying to play both sides here.)
OK... you're forgiven... :D
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

It would've been interesting to see, if the Cowboys had scored a TD at the end of the game,
would they have tried to kick the XP to tie or, eschewing Maher, go for two and the win?
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I was thinking that myself. Personally, I'd go for 2 points and the win, especially with a kicker who was 1 for 6 in XP in the postseason.

I think Maher had better update his LinkedIn page.

I'm looking forward to two great title games next Sunday.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

One aspect I didn't understand was how unified the football 'intelligentsia' was in their support of the Cowboys keeping Maher at kicker. Knuckleheads like Mike Florio and Dan Wiederer were aghast at the mere thought of the Cowboys bringing in a new kicker....it was like nonsensical baseball logic had infested itself into 'win at all costs' football logic. Why on earth would the Cowboys stick with Maher, ESPECIALLY in the postseason? The games are usually close, if you lose your season is over, and the guy had MISSED 5 STRAIGHT PATs! I thought the prevailing opinion/logic would be that the Cowboys have an emergency tryout on the Monday following the wild card round.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Adding it all up, in Maher's last 3 games he hit 1 of 7 XPs. I don't know how you recover from that, psychologically. Best for all concerned if Maher and Dallas part company. A fresh start is needed by both.