Inches Determine a Game and a Career Wendell Smal

LeonardRachiele

Inches Determine a Game and a Career Wendell Smal

Post by LeonardRachiele »

Rasul Douglas in 2018 made a play that was off by a few inches in overtime. Instead of an interception, Amari Cooper caught the ball for a touchdown. The loss, 29 to 23, kept the Eagles from a better position in the playoffs. This was the most significant loss in Doug Pederson’s six years as the Eagles’ Coach. Rasul Douglas went elsewhere in 2019. Wendell Smallwood missed a two point conversion in the 2018 Playoff win. The Eagles had gone ahead of the Chicago Bears 16 to 15 with 56 second left in the game. From the Bear five yard line, the Eagles missed on the first three tries. Finally, on fourth down, Nick Foles threw a touchdown pass to Golden Tate with those 56 ticks left.

For the two point attempt, Nick Foles made a crisp had off to Wendell Smallwood, who leaped forward. Through my biased eyes, it seemed like that Smallwood broke the plain. Now I felt the Bears would comeback and win. The Eagles made things easy for the Bears since they only needed a field goal to set us laying plans for 2019. The Bears had a great return and wasted no time moving down the field. After Philadelphia stopped them at the the Bear 35, Cody Parkey just missed a field goal, this time on a matter of inches. The ball hit the left upright but then came forward. Seeing that play was like feeling my heart stop. Some defensive linemen got two fingers on the football.

The Eagles sent both Wendell Smallwood and Rasul Douglas elsewhere after 2018