Hall of Very Good Election Results

Gary Najman

Re: Hall of Very Good Election Results

Post by Gary Najman »

Brian wolf wrote:Congratulations to the recent Inductees!

Still hard to believe that Christensen hasnt been voted in.

I am on the fence about Bert Jones but agree his career would have been much better had he stayed healthy. The team probably would have stayed in Baltimore as well. One of the best "What If" stories of all time.
I also agree, I'm surprised that Christensen hasn't gotten in, and I didn't vote for Jones the past two years, although I think he is worthy. Congratulations to all the inductees, they are deserving and I enjoy this induction this year as much (or more) than the HOF, every year we have great candidates and it's very difficult to choose only ten.
Last edited by Gary Najman on Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Did the record amount of voters leave Clay Matthews as the highest number of votes cast for one player? Does anyone know who received the most votes in one class? Just curiosity -- it would be interesting to find out.

I like this class a lot, although surprised that Leon Gray didn't get in. Lionel Taylor, Clay Matthews, Bert Jones, Mark Bavaro, Bucko Kilroy -- that's top-notch HOVG, IMO.

One bit of (now) HOVG trivia that I just recently uncovered -- it was Bucko Kilroy's John Deere that was used as the snowplow in the Snowplow Game. He was the Patriots GM at the time.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Gray is deserving of HOVG and HOF but a few were selected last year ... more tight ends this year. I hope Jordan and Novachek soon ...
Andy Piascik

Post by Andy Piascik »

Yes, Matthews' vote total was the highest ever for any HOVG Candidate.
Zero26

Post by Zero26 »

Am very surprised Christensen almost came in last.