Non-football question, gamebooks download

Wendell02

Non-football question, gamebooks download

Post by Wendell02 »

Yesterday I downloaded the 1974 gamebooks from the Members Only section. After saving the ones I needed, I tried to delete the rest. After several minutes of watching the spinning blue circle, I got this pop-up error message:

"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified Error"

The options I get are Try Again, Skip and Cancel. I attempted Try Again and Skip, but after several more minutes received the same error message. I then moved one gamebook into a temporary folder and tried to delete it from there, but the same thing happened. Does anyone know what this is or what it means? Any help wound be appreciated.
ChrisBabcock

Re: Non-football question, gamebooks download

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Maybe you were trying to delete before the download actually completed? If that's the case, reboot your computer and try again. This should cancel any continued downloading that may be going on in the background.
Wendell02

Post by Wendell02 »

I rebooted, but got the same error message. Thanks for your help.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I'm nowhere near an IT guy, but could it be you don't have enough memory available, or you have too many large files open at the same time? Maybe erase a bunch of cookies/oversize files to clear up some space. I dunno, I'm just spitballing here. Better for some members with real tech know-how to weigh in here.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

Probably trying to delete it from the zip folder. Right click on the zip folder and choose extract to 1974\. They will now be unzipped into the 1974 folder.

Click on that Folder, click on the next folder that has 1974 and you'll see all the files. Those can be deleted

You can delete the 1974 zip folder
Wendell02

Post by Wendell02 »

No, I went directly to the files and tried one at a time. I need to download 1975-1980. I hope this doesn't happen with those.
Sonny9

Post by Sonny9 »

Wendell02 wrote:No, I went directly to the files and tried one at a time. I need to download 1975-1980. I hope this doesn't happen with those.
Try unzipping the 1974.zip folder.