PRFA in the news ...

Ronfitch

PRFA in the news ...

Post by Ronfitch »

"Green Bay is represented by 28 individuals in the hall, and Michael Jacquart's 'Green Bay's Greatest: Profiles of the Packers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame' includes them all. Jacquart, who lives in Iola, said one reason for writing the book was to keep long-ago Packers fresh in fans' minds. And long ago is closer than you'd think.

'As the years go by, there are so many people who don’t even remember the Lombardi years any more,' said Jacquart, a member of the Professional Football Researchers Association. For the record, half of the Packers in the hall of fame were from the Lombardi era, including Lombardi himself."

Green Bay Press Gazette, Nov. 8, 2022:
Book recounts the histories of Green Bay Packers in Pro Football Hall of Fame
https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/st ... 973902001/
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
Brian wolf

Re: PRFA in the news ...

Post by Brian wolf »

The Packers are such a storied franchise that many great players still cant get the recognition that they deserve, whether HOVG or HOF ...

Look at the receivers alone ... Dilweg, Howton and Sharpe deserve the HOF in my opinion but Dowler, Dale, McGee, Driver and Adams(later) have cases as well if not HOVG.

Players like Lewellen, Dunn, Forester, Gillingham, Kramer, Matthews, Green and Sharper had outstanding careers as well, with cases for HOF/HOVG.
amateurhistorian

Re: PRFA in the news ...

Post by amateurhistorian »

Brian wolf wrote:The Packers are such a storied franchise that many great players still cant get the recognition that they deserve, whether HOVG or HOF ...

Look at the receivers alone ... Dilweg, Howton and Sharpe deserve the HOF in my opinion but Dowler, Dale, McGee, Driver and Adams(later) have cases as well if not HOVG.

Players like Lewellen, Dunn, Forester, Gillingham, Kramer, Matthews, Green and Sharper had outstanding careers as well, with cases for HOF/HOVG.
Lewellen and Dilweg should definitely be in the HOF. They have been forgotten since they played in the very early days of the NFL.