Ray Didinger retires

Eagles One

Ray Didinger retires

Post by Eagles One »

After a more-than 50-year career covering the Philadelphia Eagles, longtime journalist Ray Didinger retired recently. He was the recipient of the Dick McCann Memorial Award from the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1995 and is also known for his work at NFL Films which included scriptwriting narrated by Harry Kalas. Additionally, he was a member of the voting committee for the Pro Football Hall of Fame for 15-years.
Gary Najman

Re: Ray Didinger retires

Post by Gary Najman »

He was (by far) my favorite guest on NFL Network "Top ten" shows, he knew about the older players and had great comments.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Didinger had to have been a player in helping get Carmichael and Vermeil elected to the HOF but couldnt help Kilroy or Wistert get elected, though they were more deserving ...
Eagles One

Post by Eagles One »

Brian wolf wrote:Didinger had to have been a player in helping get Carmichael and Vermeil elected to the HOF but couldnt help Kilroy or Wistert get elected, though they were more deserving ...

He was never a player and did not get Carmichael or Vermeil in. It has been a long time since he was on the voting committee. He did get Tommy McDonald in. As far as Wistert and Kilroy, it is possible he did lobby for them but was unsuccessful. He did express on several occasions that Wistert is certainly worthy of Canton.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Teo wrote:He was (by far) my favorite guest on NFL Network "Top ten" shows, he knew about the older players and had great comments.
I am in agreement on this.