Newton cut

Brian wolf

Re: Newton cut

Post by Brian wolf »

I see Newton signing with the Seahawks, Texans or Jets.
A young coach like Saleh could energize him with the Jets, though I still believe Watson will be playing this year for the Texans ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:I see Newton signing with the Seahawks, Texans or Jets.
A young coach like Saleh could energize him with the Jets, though I still believe Watson will be playing this year for the Texans ...
"I see Newton signing with the Seahawks," - I certainly hope not! (As I recall the 'hawks took a look at him after CAR let him go and declined the opportunity to pick him up. I hope they're smart enough to do the same now)
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The Seahawks may not pick him up but if they did, he could take his time, learn the offense since Wilson hasnt missed a start anyway and once the offensive line gels, insert him to run or throw while giving defenses something to worry about. Last year his throwing was bad but he still ran effectively scoring 12 rushing TDs, three less than all the Seahawks runners combined.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:The Seahawks may not pick him up but if they did, he could take his time, learn the offense since Wilson hasnt missed a start anyway and once the offensive line gels, insert him to run or throw while giving defenses something to worry about. Last year his throwing was bad but he still ran effectively scoring 12 rushing TDs, three less than all the Seahawks runners combined.
I'll just put it this way: if I were the Seahawks' GM he wouldn't get a look. I wouldn't even want his name being brought up in any meetings. Besides - what's he got to offer that Geno Smith doesn't (not that I'm any fan of Geno Smith's, either)?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Haha ... Geno Smith is still in the League ?

Its obvious that Newton not getting vaccinated will hinder any team on signing him ...

The Jets are so bad, it wouldnt matter whether they got him or not, they need a running game period ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:Haha ... Geno Smith is still in the League ?

Its obvious that Newton not getting vaccinated will hinder any team on signing him ...

The Jets are so bad, it wouldnt matter whether they got him or not, they need a running game period ...
Geno Smith is Russell's backup in Seattle. Don't ask me why. But even though that's the case I still wouldn't look to sign Cam Newton if those matters were up to me. (Yes, the Seahawks are very fortunate that Russ is such an "ironman" cuz if he goes down to injury they are SCREWED)
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

The Atlantic weighs in on the Cam Newton situation:

"Amid the NFL’s emphatic push to make sure that players get vaccinated against COVID-19, those who refuse a shot may find themselves expendable."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... er/619996/
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
JWL

Post by JWL »

He is in Carolina today and may sign back with the Panthers.
JWL

Post by JWL »

racepug wrote:Cam Newton has been released from the Patriots. Is anyone surprised? Personally, I wouldn't sign Cam Newton to play for my team even if he were willing to play for nothing.
He's vaccinated now.
racepug

Post by racepug »

JWL wrote:He is in Carolina today and may sign back with the Panthers.
Apparently he has. Better CAR than SEA as far as I'm concerned!