Ted Ginn Jr and Devin Hester

Brian wolf

Re: Ted Ginn Jr and Devin Hester

Post by Brian wolf »

I agree Bryan ...

A HOF returner needs to be a regular, productive starter like a Gayle Sayers. Brian Mitchell played well every time he was in a game but the coaches never utilized him enough which was stupid on their part. Timmy Brown should already be in the HOF. Like Calvin Johnson, Hester is a media darling and will get alot of support but other players are more deserving.
I voted for Abe Woodson for HOVG but he wont make the HOF anytime soon. Seniors are of course, stuck in a swamp but if I was to elect a modern returner, it would be Walker, who is nearly out of time(Final year of eligibility ?)
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

With Herschel Walker and Eric Metcalf not making the semifinalist list from yesterday, the road may be cleared for Hester to advance into the final 15 for induction though I dont agree with it. Like many have said however, including John Turney, If youre the best to ever do it and most people think Hester was the best ever returner, they might as well put him into the HOF ...
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

FWIW---I think Hester and Timmy Brown belong in the HOF. That and a nickel.....
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Before Sayers, Timmy Brown and Abe Woodson were considered the best returners ever and they still await the HOF ... Glad Woodson made HOVG.
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

Having grown up with Ted Ginn annually inhabiting my waiver wires, I just can't bring myself to see him as anything but a journeyman. This is an interesting case, though; the raw stats do look way better than I would expect. I wonder if this is how many older members here feel about players I often pump up on the basis of impressive stat cards; they look really pretty on paper, but to those who were alive to see them play, there was just never a particular moment when they captivated the football world's attention and evoked thoughts of "this guy is a Hall of Famer"? See: Hennigan et al.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Seemed odd that they put both Hester and Tasker on the semifinals list in the same year.

In a perfect world, Billy White Shoes would get in first as a returner, IMO.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael