Best all-time roster: WRs

Brian wolf

Re: Best all-time roster: WRs

Post by Brian wolf »

The Browns had Speedie, Lavelli, Renfro, Collins, Warfield, Logan briefly, Slaughter and Jackson before the team fell apart. Still not bad ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

The Dolphins had Warfield, Moore, Duper, Clayton, Fryar and Martin, Cefalo and Harris briefly ...
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Brian wolf wrote:The Browns had Speedie, Lavelli, Renfro, Collins, Warfield, Logan briefly, Slaughter and Jackson before the team fell apart. Still not bad ...
They also had Rucker, Braylon Edwards and Josh Gordon.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Baltimore/Indy Colts ... Berry, Moore, Mutscheller(TE also) Orr, Richardson, Hinton-Jefferson SB year, Carr, Doughty, Brooks, Rison(one season)Dawkins, Harrison, Wayne, Hilton
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Steelers also had Jefferson and he led the league in yardage with them....Steelers have got to be high on the list....

Dallas -- Drew Pearson, Bob Hayes, Michael Irvin, there's 3 HOF off the top of my head. Tony Hill was very good.

Minnesota -- Moss, Carter, Rashad, Sammy White, Gene Washington, John Gilliam....they've had good receivers through the years, but not like the other teams mentioned.

Cleveland has had quite a few notable receivers -- Lavelli, Speedie, Ray Renfro, Dub Jones (perhaps the NFL's first flanker), Pete Brewster in the 50s....Gary Collins was an excellent receiver, Webster Slaughter, Reggie Rucker, Michael Jackson, and of course Paul Warfield....
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Brian wolf wrote:Packers had Dilweg, Hutson, Howton, Dowler, McGee, Dale, Lofton, Sharpe, Freeman, Driver, Jennings, Jones, Cobb, Nelson, Adams ... I loved Brooks but injury prone. Jefferson was just briefly ...
Of the group (plus Ralph's inclusion of McNally), the end with the highest YPR among the Packers? Dale, with a 19.7 YPR on 275 receptions as a Packer. His "down" year as a Packer still had him averaging 16.6 YPR on 49 receptions in 1970.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Personally, I believe Dale should already be in the HOVG if not HOF ... clutch in postseason
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Brian wolf wrote:Personally, I believe Dale should already be in the HOVG if not HOF ... clutch in postseason
I submitted his name to Andy earlier this morning for the 2021 HoVG, along with three others (two of which he wrote were already there).
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen