Best all-time roster: QBs

Ronfitch

Re: Best all-time roster: QBs

Post by Ronfitch »

Sonny9 wrote:I like Baugh/Jurgensen for the pair.

All time Green Bay Herber/Isbell/Starr/Favre/Rodgers
I would add Red Dunn to the Packer list, who called signals and was the primary passer in Lambeau's Notre Dame box offense (and has four NFL championships) ... Dunn/Herber/Isbell/Starr/Favre/Rodgers.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Ronfitch wrote:
Sonny9 wrote:I like Baugh/Jurgensen for the pair.

All time Green Bay Herber/Isbell/Starr/Favre/Rodgers
I would add Red Dunn to the Packer list, who called signals and was the primary passer in Lambeau's Notre Dame box offense (and has four NFL championships) ... Dunn/Herber/Isbell/Starr/Favre/Rodgers.
Johnny Blood told me that every time the Packers played the Giants, Dunn outperformed Benny Friedman.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

If we are just listing names, then I think the Rams would have the best roster because every QB ended up with them at some point in their career.

Waterfield, Van Brocklin, Parker Hall, Wade, Frank Ryan, Gabriel, Hadl, Namath, Bert Jones, Steve Bartkowski, Pastorini, Ferragamo & Harris, later on Trent Green, Warner, Bulger, Everett.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Bryan wrote:If we are just listing names, then I think the Rams would have the best roster because every QB ended up with them at some point in their career.

Waterfield, Van Brocklin, Parker Hall, Wade, Frank Ryan, Gabriel, Hadl, Namath, Bert Jones, Steve Bartkowski, Pastorini, Ferragamo & Harris, later on Trent Green, Warner, Bulger, Everett.
Hey, you left out the immortal Karl Sweetan!
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Can Steve DeBerg would be considered a "team"? He played with Staubach, Plunkett, Montana, Elway, Young, Testaverde, Jaworski, Marino and Chandler.
Last edited by Gary Najman on Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Teo wrote:Can Steve DeBerg would be considered a "team"? He played with Staubach, Plunkett, Montana, Elway,, Testaverde, Marino and Chandler.
And Steve Young over Vinny in Tampa.
Halas Hall

Post by Halas Hall »

The Giants have a weird deal here as they have had a lot of pretty good quarterbacks play for them, some for a very brief time and some on some poor teams:

Charlie Conerly, Y.A. Tittle, Earl Morall, Fran Tarkenton, Craig Morton, Phil Simms, Kerry Collins, Kurt Warner, Eli Manning
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Halas Hall wrote:The Giants have a weird deal here as they have had a lot of pretty good quarterbacks play for them, some for a very brief time and some on some poor teams:

Charlie Conerly, Y.A. Tittle, Earl Morall, Fran Tarkenton, Craig Morton, Phil Simms, Kerry Collins, Kurt Warner, Eli Manning
Since tailbacks from pre-T-formation days are being listed for other franchises, Bennie Friedman, Harry Newman, and Ed Danowski should be added to that list. And Herber was there for a couple of years, including one championship game appearance.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

RichardBak wrote:
Bryan wrote:If we are just listing names, then I think the Rams would have the best roster because every QB ended up with them at some point in their career.

Hey, you left out the immortal Karl Sweetan!

Not to mention Bill Munson and Zeke Bratkowski.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Hindsight is 20/20 but the Rams should have never let go of Jaworski or Ferragamo, though they had a tough time beating out Haden ... I thought Jeff Kemp was a good backup for both the Rams and 49ers ...