2021 PFRA CONVENTION UPDATE

George Bozeka

Re: 2021 PFRA CONVENTION UPDATE

Post by George Bozeka »

We considered and researched Kansas City, Dallas, and Los Angeles before deciding on Buffalo as the site for our 2018 Convention. We are not opposed to sites west of the Mississippi if the fit is right.
racepug

Post by racepug »

So does anybody ever carpool and/or share lodging at these conventions? Asking for a friend. ;)
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

George Bozeka wrote:We considered and researched Kansas City, Dallas, and Los Angeles before deciding on Buffalo as the site for our 2018 Convention. We are not opposed to sites west of the Mississippi if the fit is right.
If Minneapolis as a city west of the Mississippi doesn't fit right, you could consider St. Paul, instead, which is technically east of the Mississippi. ;-)
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

racepug wrote:So does anybody ever carpool and/or share lodging at these conventions? Asking for a friend. ;)

Yes, ride sharing is common with budget-minded PFRA members. Here's a group headed for the Buffalo convention.
motorbike.jpg
motorbike.jpg (13.74 KiB) Viewed 15075 times
racepug

Post by racepug »

So if a hypothetical member were to show up and desire to share some costs with other members during his time in Canton, how likely would that member be to meet with success in that regard? :mrgreen:
Lee Elder

Post by Lee Elder »

racepug wrote:Do you guys ever have your convention someplace west of the Mississippi?
When I was on the Board we discussed a lot of different cities for conventions. The choice of Canton for this convention -- which was supposed to be held last year -- was pretty logical, given the 100-year observation.

A lot of the locations suggested through the years have turned out to be very expensive. I remember that we always discussed a balance of a list of considerations. A lot of things go into choosing a convention site. As much as I have traveled through the years and as many places as I have been, I was still surprised by some of the issues that have to be ironed out before a choice is made.

I have to give the current Board credit. With the pandemic and economic issues the country has faced in the last 13 months, getting this thing done will be very difficult. George and the others had to weigh a lot of factors and make hard decisions. Its easy to talk about decisions, but it is not always easy to make them. I hope the members recognize that.

Lee Elder
racepug

Post by racepug »

No problem. I'm sure you guys take everything into consideration when you decide where to have your conventions. I just thought I'd ask. :)