Tom Brady and Jedi Mind Tricks ...

JohnH19

Re: Tom Brady and Jedi Mind Tricks ...

Post by JohnH19 »

Brian wolf wrote:I believe Schneider has given Carroll plenty of talent ... Carroll hasnt coached the players up enough.
His time is running out. Too old to relate to younger players, I believe
Carroll has more energy and enthusiasm than most of his players so I don’t believe his age to be a factor.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

We will see if Geno can finally win some games ... maybe spoil some bets
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:I believe Schneider has given Carroll plenty of talent
I don't agree with that assessment. The last few drafts have not yielded much for the Seahawks so it's no wonder that they're in "rebuild mode" right now.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:We will see if Geno can finally win some games ... maybe spoil some bets
I'm pretty sure that everyone who follows the 'hawks KNOWS that Geno Smith isn't worth a rip. How he's managed to draw an N.F.L player's paycheck (even for doing little more than holding a clipboard) all these years is beyond me. I was willing to give Drew Lock a chance but he blew HIS chance at starting Week 1 by missing pre-season game #2 (COVID) and then starting pre-season game #3 and throwing three picks during it. No - those two will probably "flip-flop" at QB all season and then next season the Seahawks will probably have to go find themselves a new one (maybe a new H.C., as well).
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Based on the MNF game last night, the NFL desperately wants Brady and the Bucs to make the playoffs for a last "hurrah" or the Saints were a pathetic victim of another jedi mind trick.
How do you blow a 16-3 lead with what, seven minutes left ? The Saints running back goes out of bounds needing one extra yard for the first down? Then they miss on a 3rd and 1 pass? The defense commits a pass interference on a 2nd and 20? Then the defense gives up not one but two TDs with the game winner with three seconds on the clock ... A chokejob indeed
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Brian wolf wrote:Based on the MNF game last night, the NFL desperately wants Brady and the Bucs to make the playoffs for a last "hurrah" or the Saints were a pathetic victim of another jedi mind trick.
How do you blow a 16-3 lead with what, seven minutes left ? The Saints running back goes out of bounds needing one extra yard for the first down? Then they miss on a 3rd and 1 pass? The defense commits a pass interference on a 2nd and 20? Then the defense gives up not one but two TDs with the game winner with three seconds on the clock ... A chokejob indeed
Yeah, the NFL so desperately wants Brady and the Bucs to make the playoffs that Roger Goodell personally ordered his officials to call back the game-winning TD because of offensive holding with 19 seconds to play so the Bucs had to do it again.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Haha ... Absolutely Ralph!

The Aints gave up TWO TD passes in the final seconds ! And Three in the last four minutes!
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:I thought the biggest play in the Super Bowl vs Atlanta was when Brady ran for the first down when they were behind by quite a bit....I think they ended up getting a field goal on that drive....I told the person next to me -- "He just told his team that he thinks they can still win...they're going to respond to that..." If I remember right, that Matt Ryan fumble was on the Falcons next possession, or at least shortly thereafter....it's really Brady's leadership, getting his teammates to believe they can still win, with a quarterback, that permeates through the entire team....

The Panthers/Patriots Super Bowl was really close, too....
This was the one that really ground my gears.

And it had a huge impact on the game. Was the hold called on ATL...of course. But was the most obvious flagrant facemask against NE called to offset things? Nope. I can't even fathom a situation in any game where a Jets player does this and it does not get flagged.

I realize Sanu has got a vicious facemask straight arm going too, but doesn't negate the fact that the Patriot pretty much pulled him down by the facemask and helmet