Tom Brady and Jedi Mind Tricks ...

7DnBrnc53

Re: Tom Brady and Jedi Mind Tricks ...

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Citizen wrote:I know you're half-joking, but Brady has benefited phenomenally by miscues by opposing players and coaches in big games, always at the exact worst time. That good fortune, we'll call it, keeps him out of the upper echelon for me. It's one thing to lead your team down the field to the winning score, as he has done a few times. It's another to have the game handed to you by a rattled opponent.
It does for me, too (that, and a thing called Spygate that a lot of fans want to forget about).

Fans on another forum were upset because there were other people that had the gall not to call him the GOAT. I basically said that their argument usually centers around rings and SB appearances, which are team accomplishments.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Thats the thing Richard, would the Niners be interested after passing on Brady before ?
Will they keep Garappolo regardless ? I had thought Rodgers might want to play there as well but who knows ?

Trey Lance is their future but if they win it all, Jimmy G would have to come back unless another team gambles on him staying healthy for them ... A nice problem either way.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I see Jimmy GQ staying with 49ers no matter what happens today. No Rodgers or Brady heading to SF.

Garappolo has a 4-1 record in postseason (going in to today's game) and a couple SB rings backing up Brady. And he seems a good fit for the team he's with. He doesn't have to be the Second Coming to lead SF to a SB win this year or next, IMO.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

RichardBak wrote:I see Jimmy GQ staying with 49ers no matter what happens today. No Rodgers or Brady heading to SF.

Garappolo has a 4-1 record in postseason (going in to today's game) and a couple SB rings backing up Brady. And he seems a good fit for the team he's with. He doesn't have to be the Second Coming to lead SF to a SB win this year or next, IMO.
Interesting thought. Jimmy has a huge cap hit next year and the team just drafted Lance. If that does hold true I wonder if they use Lance like Deebo, make him a flex player.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Well, after everyone thought Brady would retire today, ala Brett Favre, Brady says he will announce it when he feels ready ... since Garoppolo is being blamed for the loss yesterday with the SF offensive line finally breaking down after holding off the Rams pass rush the first 58 minutes of the game, we have to see what transpires. Brady probably will still retire but will the Niners move on from Jimmy GQ for Lance ?

Like someone else pointed out, Brady was passed over by the 49ers for Garoppolo before and will never forgive a slight ... BUT ... the competitor in him may want to prove that he could win the SB for the team since Jimmy couldnt ? Too many variables would have to happen.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Jimmy GQ blinked and took a pay cut to stay with the team. He could also be traded for Tom Brady if he chooses ... Oops, that probably wont happen but will another team like Seattle try to get him ?
Lance has to just play ball and not worry about looking over his shoulder but I cant believe Garro-Pollo would give in ... Stay tuned
racepug

Post by racepug »

I think there is something to the "Jedi mind trick" angle. WTH else leads a team back from 3 - 28 down in the Super Bowl? Having typed that, I'm STILL bitter about the "Tuck Rule" game (which, of course, helped put the "Brady Juggernaut" in motion). That play was a FUMBLE, plain and simple, and should have been called as such (and I think it WOULD have been. . .had that game been in Oakland). The league rescinded that rule a few years after that which tells me that it never should've existed in the first place.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

With Brady, we just dont know his future ... Would the Bucs dare to trade him, knowing he is a lameduck ? Or is he ? The Bucs truly need him this year but would Brady retire after the season ?
Make a play for Miami or SF again ? Will the Niners trade Jimmy G or let him stay a backup until Lance falters ?

Think about it racepug, had the Ravens put away the Patriots with Brady during the 2014/15 postseason, instead of allowing a Brady comeback, the Seahawks would have probably won back-to-back SBs and Wilson might have stayed with the team ?
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote:With Brady, we just dont know his future ... Would the Bucs dare to trade him, knowing he is a lameduck ? Or is he ? The Bucs truly need him this year but would Brady retire after the season ?
Make a play for Miami or SF again ? Will the Niners trade Jimmy G or let him stay a backup until Lance falters ?
I think his absence from the Bucs during training camp and his comment "I'm 45 years old, man!" says something. Personally, I think had the Bucs won the whole thing last year he would've retired (and stayed retired). I think that comment suggests that he has other things on his mind besides football and I think THIS will be his last season in the league.
Brian wolf wrote:Think about it racepug, had the Ravens put away the Patriots with Brady during the 2014/15 postseason, instead of allowing a Brady comeback, the Seahawks would have probably won back-to-back SBs and Wilson might have stayed with the team ?
It's hard to speculate on such matters. I'm still bitterly disappointed about the loss to the Pats in that S.B. I'm also disappointed that the last few drafts haven't been good ones for the Seahawks which is why they're projected to be so poor this season (and they will be).
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I believe Schneider has given Carroll plenty of talent ... Carroll hasnt coached the players up enough.
His time is running out. Too old to relate to younger players, I believe