Game books update

JeffreyMiller

Re: Game books update

Post by JeffreyMiller »

CraigRye wrote:I'm now working on the 1960 to 1969 NFL Championship gamebooks.

In the members area we are missing the 1964, 1965 and 1969 gamebooks. I lucked upon a play by play in the Green Bay Press-Gazette for the 1965 game.

I have been able to put together the first half (minus the last Cleveland possession) of the 1969 game from game film.

So any help with the 1964 game (Baltimore v Cleveland) and the 1969 game (Cleveland v Minnesota) would be much appreciated (Game film or Radio broadcast).

Cheers
Craig
Both are available for viewing on youtube
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
CraigRye

Post by CraigRye »

JeffreyMiller wrote:
CraigRye wrote:I'm now working on the 1960 to 1969 NFL Championship gamebooks.

In the members area we are missing the 1964, 1965 and 1969 gamebooks. I lucked upon a play by play in the Green Bay Press-Gazette for the 1965 game.

I have been able to put together the first half (minus the last Cleveland possession) of the 1969 game from game film.

So any help with the 1964 game (Baltimore v Cleveland) and the 1969 game (Cleveland v Minnesota) would be much appreciated (Game film or Radio broadcast).

Cheers
Craig
Both are available for viewing on youtube
Hi Jeffrey, The 1969 game film that I can find on YouTube only goes up to Minnesota's final possession and touchdown of the first half. It does not show any of Cleveland's final possession of the first half or any of the second half.

If you have found another version can you post the link.

Cheers Craig
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

Just an update on the gamebooks search: I have received from the Packers every gamebook they have from the 1960's. They were only missing 5 gamebooks from 1960 and 1 gamebook from 1966, so overall not bad, as those are now the only gamebooks we're missing from 1960 to present.

I've also received from Washington all of the remaining gamebooks we were missing from their 1982 championship season. Additionally, I've made contact with the Cardinals, Cowboys, Colts, Vikings, and Bears. The Cowboys seem to guard their archived content closely, but the Cardinals and Colts seem willing to help once covid restrictions are lifted and they're able to fully access their facilities.

Has anyone else been making contact with teams to ask about their archives?
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Thank you for all the legwork. Do you plan on getting them on the PFRA website or sharing them in some other way?
Oszuscik

Post by Oszuscik »

Citizen wrote:Thank you for all the legwork. Do you plan on getting them on the PFRA website or sharing them in some other way?
Most definitely, I've been in contact with site managers and any gamebooks that I receive I'll make sure get passed along to PFRA.
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

Citizen wrote:Thank you for all the legwork. Do you plan on getting them on the PFRA website or sharing them in some other way?
I have been working with Oszuscik not only on this, but on the Rupert Gamebooks. We want to combine everything together for one massive update of the website.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast
JasonCulley

Post by JasonCulley »

Just recently became a paid member and it's been great looking through the old gamebooks, especially the Raiders ones since they'll come in handy for my research. I really appreciate all the hard work it has taken to get this far, thank you!

Jason
Throwin_Samoan

Post by Throwin_Samoan »

Oszuscik wrote:Just an update on the gamebooks search: I have received from the Packers every gamebook they have from the 1960's. They were only missing 5 gamebooks from 1960 and 1 gamebook from 1966, so overall not bad, as those are now the only gamebooks we're missing from 1960 to present.
Very cool, I need GB's 1961s for a research project, so I'll be interested to see those up.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

In today's column on Packers.com, Cliff Christl mentions the gamebooks project in the Members Section of the PRFA site (last question of the column):

https://www.packers.com/news/who-is-the ... team-photo
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Really appreciate the hard work you guys put into this. Only joined a couple of months ago and the gamebooks have been very helpful.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael