"Name the Game" trivia

Bryan

Re: "Name the Game" trivia

Post by Bryan »

This game features the postseason debuts of two QBs. One QB throws for a 60-yard TD, the other runs for a 30-yard TD.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

This game features the postseason debuts of two QBs. One QB throws for a 60-yard TD, the other runs for a 30-yard TD.
The Immaculate Reception game...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 230pit.htm
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
The Immaculate Reception game...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 230pit.htm
Correct!

ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

A Heisman Trophy winner was 0 for 1 passing in this game.

A player who once had a 2000 yard rushing season played in this game.

Someone whom I knew when he was in high school and is now a friend of mine’s brother in law’s brother in law set his career high for punts in a game in this game. (did you follow all that?) :)
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

ChrisBabcock wrote:A Heisman Trophy winner was 0 for 1 passing in this game.

Someone whom I knew when he was in high school and is now a friend of mine’s brother in law’s brother in law set his career high for punts in a game in this game. (did you follow all that?) :)
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Bueller? :lol:
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

It's the 2006 game between the Ravens and the Saints. Reggie Bush was 0 for 1 passing, and Jamal Lewis played for the Ravens. Since he was the game's leading punter with six punts, I'm guessing Sam Koch is the guy you know?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Todd Pence wrote:

It's the 2006 game between the Ravens and the Saints. Reggie Bush was 0 for 1 passing, and Jamal Lewis played for the Ravens. Since he was the game's leading punter with six punts, I'm guessing Sam Koch is the guy you know?
Not correct. I suppose this one is a bit vague and I should throw in another hint.....

The Heisman Trophy winner was a quarterback and he did not start this game.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

I found a 1989 Colts-Patriots game in which Doug Flutie was 0-for-1 and which also featured Eric Dickerson, but I don't think that this is right either.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Dang. I guess I was too vague with this game. My apologies! ok, here goes again. Starting the whole thing over...

A Heisman Trophy winning QB played for the losing team and was 0 for 1 passing in this game. He did not start the game.

A player who once had a 2000 yard rushing season played for the winning team.

The winning team’s head coach is in the PFHOF.

The losing team’s head coach’s father was also an NFL head coach.

The losing team’s punter, whom I knew when he was in high school and is now a friend of mine’s brother in law’s brother in law set his career high for punts in a game in this game. (did you follow all that?) :)