"Name the Game" trivia

CSKreager

Re: "Name the Game" trivia

Post by CSKreager »

The first play of the game was a sack, fumble, and recovery for a defensive touchdown.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

The first play of the game was a sack, fumble, and recovery for a defensive touchdown.
I found 2 games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 100crd.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 100nwe.htm
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Only information about the losing team for this one!....

It was their 10th loss of the year.
This was their starting QB's only start in his entire NFL career. (He happened to have a rushing TD in this game)
There were 8 HOFers on the roster.

This could be too easy. ;)
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Only information about the losing team for this one!....

It was their 10th loss of the year.
This was their starting QB's only start in his entire NFL career. (He happened to have a rushing TD in this game)
There were 8 HOFers on the roster.

This could be too easy. ;)
It was actually pretty difficult, but I think I've got it. The 1958 season finale between the Packers and the Rams. Joe Francis was the quarterback in question. This edition of the Pack might be the only 10-loss team ever to have that many HOFers on their roster.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

It was actually pretty difficult, but I think I've got it. The 1958 season finale between the Packers and the Rams. Joe Francis was the quarterback in question. This edition of the Pack might be the only 10-loss team ever to have that many HOFers on their roster.
Yep. Possibly difficult because I don't think pre-1960 games are searchable on p-f-r
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

Each team in this game had two quarterbacks who saw action.

The winning team had two quarterbacks who had previously seen Super Bowl action, one of whom would attempt his last career pass in the game.

The losing team would have a quarterback who would throw the first touchdown of his career, and a quarterback who would later see service with the winning team.

The losing team, in defeat, registered their highest point total of the season.

Each squad had non-offensive TDs of 80+ yards.
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

The first two plays in this game were kickoff return touchdowns
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

CSKreager wrote:The first two plays in this game were kickoff return touchdowns

Rams-Falcons 2000.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

The winning team had two quarterbacks who had previously seen Super Bowl action, one of whom would attempt his last career pass in the game.

The losing team would have a quarterback who would throw the first touchdown of his career, and a quarterback who would later see service with the winning team.
I am really stuck on this one. These 2 clues ^^^^^ seem to be the logical starting point. My first thoughts were Neil ODonnell on the Titans with Steve McNair or Chris Chandler on the Rams with Kurt Warner. (but they missed each other by a year) Neither of those work in terms of last career pass. Then I thought of White/Staubach on the 1979 Cowboys. But I don't believe they faced any QBs that year who would later play for Dallas. I'm stuck! :? Not giving up though.