Superbowl In The Snow.
Started by MIKETOUHY, Jan 04 2014 11:01 PM

5 replies to this topic
#1 MIKETOUHY
Starter
Forum Visitors
240 posts
Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:01 PM
With this year's chosen location for this year's SB, if you visit various message boards many are complaining about the fact that it's not in the south or west and so many have been down through the years.
To me it's just silly to constantly choose those for the big game.
Especially when you consider that in the early years of the NFL, the teams were mostly in the Midwest and east coast.
Do you think if the first one ended up being played in those parts of the country instead of L.A. would people have made a stink about it as they're doing now?

#2 Rupert Patrick
Pro Bowler
PFRA Member
2,442 posts
Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:01 AM
I wonder how many of the people who are complaining are actually planning to attend; I would bet the answer is zero. I'm of the opinion that if you can shell out a thousand or a couple thousand dollars for a ticket to the Super Bowl, you can also afford to buy warm clothing to wear.

#3 JWL
Pro Bowler
PFRA Member
1,846 posts
Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:03 AM
I would love to attend if it snowed. Otherwise, I would rather watch on television.

#4 Guest_BigMck_*
Guests
Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:43 PM
After a couple of years of hearing about bad weather, I will be disappointed if it doesn't snow. I think the NFL is secretly hoping for a "snow day".

#5 luckyshow
Starter
Forum Visitors
360 posts
Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:24 PM
Isn't it usually that those complaining about such things are the media. (Talk radio is just an extension) Or about rules. Are columnists and the media?

I recall how the best NCAA tournament basketball championship game to that time, was when Villanova beat Georgetown, shooting something like 90% in the second half. It also proved the last NCAA game before the 30 second clock was initiated (though it at first was more than 30 seconds, I forget how many).

I don't recall anyone in the media pointing out the irony that the great game in March was without this supposedly needed shot clock. Because they wanted it so much.

The media stirs up this fake fuss, and would be the first and loudest to hype it if it snowed. I certainly don't think they should postpone anything. What if it should snow all February? Would they move it to Honolulu?

#6 byron
Starter
PFRA Member
259 posts
Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:50 PM
Yeah, I hope it's played in a snowstorm! Wouldn't it be pretty awesome to see a San Diego-Carolina Superbowl in the snow! LoL!
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister