2022 Divisional round

racepug

2022 Divisional round

Post by racepug »

Absolutely spectacular. Three games won by the road team on last-second kicks and in the 4th the home team drives 50-some yards in 10 seconds to a tying FG at the end of regulation to send the game to O.T. after 25 points, combined, in the last 1:54. Absolutely unbelievable. I'm not sure I'll ever see another playoff round like this in the N.F.L. for as long as I live. Simply astounding. This weekend is sure to go down in N.F.L. lore, without a doubt.
lastcat3

Re: 2022 Divisional round

Post by lastcat3 »

I am not sure scoring 25 points in 2 minutes is something the NFL should brag about.
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

Is this this the first time the road teams swept all 4 divisional playoff games? Offhand I can't think of a season where this has happened.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Perhaps not, but 4 close, exciting playoff games all in the same weekend is.
Last edited by racepug on Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

RRMarshall wrote:Is this this the first time the road teams swept all 4 divisional playoff games? Offhand I can't think of a season where this has happened.
That didn't happen though. It looked like it might happen until perhaps the most ridiculous thirteen seconds in NFL history took place.
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

The Saturday games were both excellent, true hard-fought playoff football. The Sunday games were two of the greatest games in NFL history, and despite my team losing, I haven't enjoyed watching football this much since the Rams-Chiefs game a few years ago. Set in even starker context when compared to the wash of blowouts that was the wild-card round. The Bengals and especially Niners have won less convincingly of the remaining teams thus far, but I'm pulling for them hard in the champ round.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Yesterday saw players putting too much pressure on themselves with hardly anyone really making clutch plays while today saw defenses crumbling and making crucial mistakes and breakdowns in front of our eyes ... Enjoy your ratings bonanza networks ... All I can do is shake my head.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I agree lastcat3 ... the most ridiculous last 13 seconds of a game I have ever seen. Why not just mug and hold the receivers at the line of scrimmage ? Yeah, you have a 5yrd penalty but at least it runs time off the clock ...
Zero26

Post by Zero26 »

Mahomes is the best QB I've ever seen. It's insane that you can give a QB a long field with 13 seconds and expect them to get in range for the field goal. It's like he's playing Madden out there. Feel bad for the Bills they threw everything they had at the Chiefs but Mahomes and Hill are just on another level. Did you know the Bills safetys both made the all pro team? Feel silly for doubting Kansas City earlier in the season because their team is very top heavy on both sides of the ball. Their defense going from worst to first this year is one of the more dramatic transformations I've seen. And their team still is top heavy it just doesn't matter they are back in that 2019 form where they believe they are going to win regardless no matter how desperate a situation they find themselves in. Congrats to them.

I want the Rams to win but the Chiefs are going to be very difficult to beat.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Zero26 wrote:Mahomes is the best QB I've ever seen. It's insane that you can give a QB a long field with 13 seconds and expect them to get in range for the field goal. It's like he's playing Madden out there. Feel bad for the Bills they threw everything they had at the Chiefs but Mahomes and Hill are just on another level. Did you know the Bills safetys both made the all pro team? Feel silly for doubting Kansas City earlier in the season because their team is very top heavy on both sides of the ball. Their defense going from worst to first this year is one of the more dramatic transformations I've seen. And their team still is top heavy it just doesn't matter they are back in that 2019 form where they believe they are going to win regardless no matter how desperate a situation they find themselves in. Congrats to them.

I want the Rams to win but the Chiefs are going to be very difficult to beat.
Mahomes is excellent by todays standards there is no doubt about that but you always need to remember a big reason why he looks as good as he does is because teams have simply forgotten how to play defense and it seems like are discouraged from playing defense at times. I guarantee you if teams were able to stack talent on the defensive side of the ball like they used to there would be teams who could make Mahomes look very average as he gets a little wild when he gets pressured heavily. Let's just put it this way. Statistically the Bills had the best defense in the league this year but how many of their defensive players have the potential to eventually make the Hall of Fame (and it is also easier to make the Hall now than it ever was before)? I'll just say this. Those great Steelers defenses from the '70's had four Hall of Famers on their team and several others were pro bowlers.