Ejections

NWebster

Ejections

Post by NWebster »

I'm trying to pull together a list of every player ever ejected from an NFL game, wonder if I could solicit help either here on the forum or by DM of any instances or lists the membership might have. Thanks in advance.
Brian wolf

Re: Ejections

Post by Brian wolf »

Walter Payton, Jim Brown are two big names offhand ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

quirkyresearch.com lists ejections going back to 2017, I believe ...
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I believe that Jack Lambert was ejected in Cleveland more than once.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

A friend and I went to a Patriots-Bills game in 1976 primarily because we wanted to see O.J. Simpson. He was ejected about 6 minutes into the game after getting into a fight with DE Mel Lunsford.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Charles Haley was ejected from the 1989 49ers vs. Rams game in which John Taylor led an epic comeback with two TDs of 90+ yards.
Haley was touched/pushed (?) by an official and then slapped the officials hands away for which he was thrown out of the game for touching an official.
The ejection seemed to light a fire under the Niners (at least their D) and spurred the comeback.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 110ram.htm
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I think Steve Tasker of the Bills was ejected in the last game of his career.

Jim Haslett of the Bills was ejected in their 1979 game against the Steelers. I found the game footage, and its kind of funny/sad. Terry Bradshaw is running toward the sideline and a Bills player neckties Bradshaw, rips his helmet off, and flings Bradshaw to the ground. If that isn't bad enough....while Bradshaw is lying on the ground, Haslett runs over VERY late and rakes Bradshaw across the head with his cleats. Haslett gets flagged and ejected. I never liked Haslett much either as a player or coach, but had I seen this footage before, I would have abhorred him.
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

There is the famous fight near the end of the 1970 Raiders at Chiefs game where Ben Davidson speared Len Dawson in the back and Otis Taylor got into a wrestling match with him. Both Davidson and Taylor got tossed I believe.
Last edited by RRMarshall on Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I am wondering if a coach or even a mascot has been ejected. I remember a few years ago that the Panthers mascot downed a punt in the end zone when it was not yet called a touchback. I don't remember if the mascot was flagged or ejected.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Jim Hudson of the Jets was famously ejected from the Heidi Game ... shot a bird to the crowd in Oakland on the way out ...