Mike Florio's "Upper Room"

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
rewing84

Re: Mike Florio's "Upper Room"

Post by rewing84 »

Bryan wrote:In general, Mike Florio is the least insightful, least "inside information" NFL reporter that I've ever seen. He really just makes stuff up, with no regard to logic, historical precedent or what is actually happening on the field. It's not surprising that his "Upper Room" follows no consistent methodology. There will always be arguments on these type of things, like saying Gronkowski over Ditka, but Florio's list is one of gross negligence. Its ironic that the concept is "you know who the top HOFers are", yet Florio's list excludes 50% of those players. Here are guys who I would have on my 1st or 2nd All-Time team that Florio overlooks:

John Hannah
Jim Parker
Tom Brady
Lance Alworth
Mel Hein
Herb Adderley
Ted Hendricks
Rob Gronkowski
Forrest Gregg

Aside from that, there are just some egregious selections...Elway, Favre, Campbell, Owens, McDaniel, Derrick Thomas, Darrell Green, Art Rooney Sr.
would you take raymond berry over campbell or owens?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

rewing84 wrote: would you take raymond berry over campbell or owens?
I would, because Berry was at least the best of all time at something. But there are other WRs I'd put in front of Berry in my "upper room'" TBH, just as their are other RBs & WRs I'd put above Campbell and Owens.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Thanks for the feedback appreciate it Bryan