Seniors

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Bryan

Re: Seniors

Post by Bryan »

https://www.profootballresearchers.org/ ... lit=stoudt

Here was an earlier thread about AFL WRs
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

With Jackson, it didnt seem like he could get a consistent QB to throw to him till Grogan, though he could make huge plays with James Harris. I remember him making big plays for the Patriots, like Morgan but Grogan could kill drives with interceptions. The Patriots from 76-81 could have won it all with the offensive talent alone. Henry Ellard reminds me of Jackson because he went through a bunch of QBs as well, until thriving with back-foot Jim Everett. That connection didnt last long as well.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Brian wolf wrote:With Jackson, it didnt seem like he could get a consistent QB to throw to him till Grogan, though he could make huge plays with James Harris. I remember him making big plays for the Patriots, like Morgan but Grogan could kill drives with interceptions. The Patriots from 76-81 could have won it all with the offensive talent alone. Henry Ellard reminds me of Jackson because he went through a bunch of QBs as well, until thriving with back-foot Jim Everett. That connection didnt last long as well.
I just have too many all-22 of Jackson I suppose...and may be too critical, but I think Jackson was excellent but does not strike me as HOFer...but Carmichael didn't ever strike me as one either... If someone is a big Hall guy, then yeah, if they are a huge Hall guy like Vinnie, then absolutely.

To a small Hall guy he would be a no. And for me, I may not be but I am about middle, I think 8-9 a year is about right...and that the bad old days of 4-5 man classes were too small -- he is also a no-to-maybe.

Put it this way, for me, a medium Hall, there is no need to put a WR like him in, with so many blockers and tacklers waiting.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Question who are your 3 seniors that that will be annouced on wednesday and who will be your 4-6 Seniors

Here are mine

Gradishar

Sharpe

Wistert

4-6

Baughan

Jacoby

Meador
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

*Updated

Wishlist

Wistert
Gradishar
Meador

Prediction

Gradishar
Sharpe
McMichael

Lewis
Craig
Baughan
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Brian wolf wrote:*Updated

Wishlist

Wistert
Gradishar
Meador

Prediction

Gradishar
Sharpe
McMichael

Lewis
Craig
Baughan
I don't think they will go defense heavy like they did last year
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Personally hoping for Sharpe, Taylor, and Al Wistert, but if Randy Gradishar got in, I'd be really happy about that as well. I really hope that all four of those make it some day. Add Jacoby as my #5. I like Albert Lewis, Eddie Meador, and Roger Craig as candidates - not sure which I'd pick as 6 there - probably Craig.

My prediction is Ken Anderson, Roger Craig, and Sterling Sharpe.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

GameBeforeTheMoney wrote:Personally hoping for Sharpe, Taylor, and Al Wistert, but if Randy Gradishar got in, I'd be really happy about that as well. I really hope that all four of those make it some day. Add Jacoby as my #5. I like Albert Lewis, Eddie Meador, and Roger Craig as candidates - not sure which I'd pick as 6 there - probably Craig.

My prediction is Ken Anderson, Roger Craig, and Sterling Sharpe.
I'd be cool with that trio
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Like I have theorized on Zoneblitz.com, I still wonder if writer-voters from the NFC North are working together? First Parker emerges, after being ignored last year and Sharpe and McMichael are up to bat. Hopefully Wistert finds away to get elected ...
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Brian wolf wrote:Like I have theorized on Zoneblitz.com, I still wonder if writer-voters from the NFC North are working together? First Parker emerges, after being ignored last year and Sharpe and McMichael are up to bat. Hopefully Wistert finds away to get elected ...
id doubt that seriously brian very very seriously i highly doubt that at all of the two between sharpe and mcmichael Sharpe is the more likley of the two along for many many reasons
im starting to think that Gradishar will get one of the spots Sharpe the other and the third spot up for grabs