Seniors

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
rewing84

Re: Seniors

Post by rewing84 »

Believe it or not brian we have the same exact wishlist
Gradishar
Meador
Wistert

What I'm thinking

Gradishar

Jacoby

Sharpe
readjack

Post by readjack »

Brian wolf wrote:Its hard to believe Kooch went from top six last year to not making this year's top 12 ...

We will see Jack, if the top six can be suggested for Class Of 2024-25?
Yeah, that throws me way off. Perhaps Kuechenberg was right on the cusp of being #7, and the three new voters are the reason he dropped. I don't know.

My reasoning for suggesting that the 4-6 one year be the class next year has not changed. But clearly it's not something that the voters are fond of.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Good lists, Robert ...

Jacoby finally has his chance and McMichael could be a sentimental favorite. Lewis is hot also and could jump ahead of everybody. I still think if Wistert and Gradishar make it, it will take away the disappointing feelings of last year. Hit That Home Run, voters !
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Just in a football theorizing mood tonight ... haha, I know it gets on peoples nerves but the seniors have advanced to the Finalist stage and I am rooting for Roger Craig as well. Its bad enough that Craig got hurt in 1990, where his knee injury affected his season but one mistake ... might have kept he and his head coach from making the HOF, so far ...

In the 1990/91 NFC Championship, his late fumble allowed the Giants to recover the ball and kick the winning FG but it was a GREAT play by Erik Howard, the Giants nose tackle, rather than a bad mistake by Craig. Once he got the ball, Howard's charge and head, split a double team and knocked the ball loose where LT recovered. Howard hit the ball right after Craig received it from Young, who replaced Joe.

This fumble and his injury earlier in the year, may have decided George Seifert his HC, to get rid of him. Seifert got rid of a popular player but the other player he got rid of, not only affected his 1991 season but his chances of winning the SB in 1992 and 1993. Seifert let go of Ronnie Lott, who went with Craig to the Raiders. The 49ers didnt make the playoffs. Craig would be a shell of his former self with the Raiders and Vikings but getting rid of Lott affected the Niners All-Pro Charles Haley, who was so upset at losing his big brother and mentor, that he disrupted the team in 1991, forcing a trade to Dallas in 1992 that was one of the worst in NFL history, as the power tilt went to Dallas, who with Haley, won three of the next four SB rings. Yes, Seifert bought players who won him his second championship in 1994 and gave him a great winning percentage for his career, but while other head coaches made the finalist list today, including other two-time champions, Seifert wasnt one of them.

Craig and Lott--who had his own injury problems--were probably looking behind their best days as players, yet had Seifert kept them ... had that fumble never happened against the Giants, with SF trying to run out the clock for their third SB appearance, would have Craig and Seifert already been voted in ?
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Brian wolf wrote:Just in a football theorizing mood tonight ... haha, I know it gets on peoples nerves but the seniors have advanced to the Finalist stage and I am rooting for Roger Craig as well. Its bad enough that Craig got hurt in 1990, where his knee injury affected his season but one mistake ... might have kept he and his head coach from making the HOF, so far ...

In the 1990/91 NFC Championship, his late fumble allowed the Giants to recover the ball and kick the winning FG but it was a GREAT play by Erik Howard, the Giants nose tackle, rather than a bad mistake by Craig. Once he got the ball, Howard's charge and head, split a double team and knocked the ball loose where LT recovered. Howard hit the ball right after Craig received it from Young, who replaced Joe.

This fumble and his injury earlier in the year, may have decided George Seifert his HC, to get rid of him. Seifert got rid of a popular player but the other player he got rid of, not only affected his 1991 season but his chances of winning the SB in 1992 and 1993. Seifert let go of Ronnie Lott, who went with Craig to the Raiders. The 49ers didnt make the playoffs. Craig would be a shell of his former self with the Raiders and Vikings but getting rid of Lott affected the Niners All-Pro Charles Haley, who was so upset at losing his big brother and mentor, that he disrupted the team in 1991, forcing a trade to Dallas in 1992 that was one of the worst in NFL history, as the power tilt went to Dallas, who with Haley, won three of the next four SB rings. Yes, Seifert bought players who won him his second championship in 1994 and gave him a great winning percentage for his career, but while other head coaches made the finalist list today, including other two-time champions, Seifert wasnt one of them.

Craig and Lott--who had his own injury problems--were probably looking behind their best days as players, yet had Seifert kept them ... had that fumble never happened against the Giants, with SF trying to run out the clock for their third SB appearance, would have Craig and Seifert already been voted in ?
Craig Yes Seifert No
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Wishlist

Wistert
Gradishar
Lewis or Craig

Prediction

Sharpe
McMichael
Jacoby
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

I understand your prediction T&S ... with Gradishar, seeing is believing and McMichael with Lewis are truly darkhorses with momentum. If Lewis gets elected, could we see a possible trend of last-year eligible modern players carrying momentum into senior nominations? Leslie O' Neal, Eric Allen, Tom Nalen, Wisniewski and others are coming up as well. Surprised Kent Hull or true nose tackle Fred Smerlas havent made the semifinalist list, yet?
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

In my honest opinion I see it as very very wide open as to which 3 they select do I have a idea honestly not really
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Could it be possible that the three wide receivers cancel each other out and neither of them advance to reduction from 12 to 6
Zero26

Post by Zero26 »

rewing84 wrote:Could it be possible that the three wide receivers cancel each other out and neither of them advance to reduction from 12 to 6
Maybe. I think last year they wanted to talk a break because they elected 2 senior WRs in a row. Maybe that's still a thing now but I do think they are going to pick Sterling. If not this year it's only a matter of time.

I do not think Powell is a HOFer and am a bit dissapointed to see him as their 3rd WR out of a pool filled with great candidates. Even among the All Decade omissions(most of the great WR candidates are not all decades) I'd much rather prefer Gary Collins. remember one of the PFRA members gave me a really good argument against Powell and Hennigan a very long time ago and I've been against them ever since.