The rich getting richer

racepug

The rich getting richer

Post by racepug »

RichardBak

Re: The rich getting richer

Post by RichardBak »

Taxpayer-supported stadiums for rich owners is pure 100% bullshit. I don't see any strangers offering to make my car and house payments. Let 'em take out loans and dig into their bank accounts like the rest of us.
racepug

Post by racepug »

RichardBak wrote:Taxpayer-supported stadiums for rich owners is pure 100% bullshit. I don't see any strangers offering to make my car and house payments. Let 'em take out loans and dig into their bank accounts like the rest of us.
I agree with you 100%.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

I think the vast majority of us would agree with the above sentiments.

I had a friend who rooted for the Packers not for any reasons of locality or team affiliation but simply because they're the only team owned by the community in which they play. I have to say, as I grow older, that thought has more and more appeal to me.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Buffalo is the third-poorest city in the United States. Four out of 10 children there live in poverty. Unemployment is far beyond national or even state figures.

For the Bills' owners to take so much as a nickel of public money for their new playground is disgraceful and sickening.
racepug

Post by racepug »

JuggernautJ wrote:I had a friend who rooted for the Packers not for any reasons of locality or team affiliation but simply because they're the only team owned by the community in which they play. I have to say, as I grow older, that thought has more and more appeal to me.
I have nothing to do with Green Bay, WI. I've never had anything to do with Green Bay, WI. But I like the Green Bay Packers for much the same reason. Their setup is the way pro sports should be run everywhere, in my opinion.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Ken Reed of League of Fans just talked about this: https://www.leagueoffans.org/2022/03/31 ... re-owners/
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Maybe all is forgiven with Bon Jovi. :lol: After all, the Pegulas presented themselves as upstanding people who bought the Bills and Sabres to keep them in Buffalo. Below is an excerpt from an article about the 2014 sale of the Bills:

"But the Pegulas said they are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

"'It is gratifying to reassure these great fans that two franchises so important to our region are both here to stay,' they said in a statement."

Fast forward to last August:

https://www.kxan.com/sports/nfl-in-aust ... ral-texas/
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

BD Sullivan wrote:Maybe all is forgiven with Bon Jovi. :lol: After all, the Pegulas presented themselves as upstanding people who bought the Bills and Sabres to keep them in Buffalo. Below is an excerpt from an article about the 2014 sale of the Bills:

"But the Pegulas said they are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

"'It is gratifying to reassure these great fans that two franchises so important to our region are both here to stay,' they said in a statement."

Fast forward to last August:

https://www.kxan.com/sports/nfl-in-aust ... ral-texas/
I came to the sad conclusion many years ago that team owners and politicians are all full of shit.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

At least the Bills need a stadium. Here in Nashville, the Titans are demanding a new stadium because they dont want to renovate a stadium thats only 24 years old ... Sheesh