early pro legend - "The Gun"

JohnR

early pro legend - "The Gun"

Post by JohnR »

How did this pass under my radar for six years? Nice parody of NFL Films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epVpOAWa0pE
JohnR

Re: early pro legend - "The Gun"

Post by JohnR »

I'm guessing a Canadian was involved in the production since we specifically get the infamous Bibbles Bawel Grey Cup sideline trip.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Then, of course, we had this …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvLjE8ZWl8
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Retro Rider

Post by Retro Rider »

JohnR wrote:I'm guessing a Canadian was involved in the production since we specifically get the infamous Bibbles Bawel Grey Cup sideline trip.
I wouldn't be suprised. Could there be a connection to Sam "The Rifle" Etcheverry here? FWIW, Sam "The Rifle" went on to coach the UFL's Quebec Rifles in 1964.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

There was that early 90's Bruce Willis film "The Last Boy Scout" which opened with a drugged up running back sneaking a loaded pistol onto the field during a professional football game and shooting all the defenders who were trying to tackle him as he was running down the field with the ball.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Rupert Patrick wrote:There was that early 90's Bruce Willis film "The Last Boy Scout" which opened with a drugged up running back sneaking a loaded pistol onto the field during a professional football game and shooting all the defenders who were trying to tackle him as he was running down the field with the ball.
Was this a comedy?
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

JohnR wrote:
Rupert Patrick wrote:There was that early 90's Bruce Willis film "The Last Boy Scout" which opened with a drugged up running back sneaking a loaded pistol onto the field during a professional football game and shooting all the defenders who were trying to tackle him as he was running down the field with the ball.
Was this a comedy?
I never saw the entire movie, but I've seen the opening sequence, I even posted it here once; it wasn't funny at all, it was quite serious. It wasn't like something out of one of those "Naked Gun" movies.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen