NFL 100 OL

JohnTurney

Re: Good job, only a couple of quibbles

Post by JohnTurney »

JameisLoseston wrote:
I was pretty much joking, just noticed the trend. Shell and Upshaw were on almost all projected teams, though, so it seemed weird you'd call them out and only them. Like Green, I think they were pretty much expected by the media to make it, and media expectations probably determine these picks more than anything else.
Well, it was just based on what I have gathered. I get why Shell and Upshaw made it, they have great reps. I was just opining that their reps are too high (in my opinion) based on their achievements. The fact they are Raiders is a coincidence. If Dierdorf's "credentials" were Shell's and vice versa, I'd pick Shell over Dierdorf.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

JohnTurney wrote:
JameisLoseston wrote:
I was pretty much joking, just noticed the trend. Shell and Upshaw were on almost all projected teams, though, so it seemed weird you'd call them out and only them. Like Green, I think they were pretty much expected by the media to make it, and media expectations probably determine these picks more than anything else.
Well, it was just based on what I have gathered. I get why Shell and Upshaw made it, they have great reps. I was just opining that their reps are too high (in my opinion) based on their achievements. The fact they are Raiders is a coincidence. If Dierdorf's "credentials" were Shell's and vice versa, I'd pick Shell over Dierdorf.
A number of people are complaining on social media how Joe Thomas got jobbed. I probably would have taken him over Shell or Ogden. Solid lists all the way around though.
JameisLoseston

Re: NFL 100 OL

Post by JameisLoseston »

Not sure why this wasn't posted, but here's the tight ends:

Mike Ditka
John Mackey
Kellen Winslow
Tony Gonzalez
Rob Gronkowski

Don't think anyone expected anything different. No issue with any of the picks. Agree?
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

conace21 wrote:
JohnTurney wrote:
JameisLoseston wrote:
A number of people are complaining on social media how Joe Thomas got jobbed. I probably would have taken him over Shell or Ogden. Solid lists all the way around though.
He's probably paying the (unfair) price for being a part of some brutal Browns teams.