Bud Grant on NFL Films Presents

JohnH19

Bud Grant on NFL Films Presents

Post by JohnH19 »

Hey team, if at all possible, try to catch this week's episode. The whole program features the life and times of Bud. It's absolutely terrific, in part because it does justice to his 14 years as a player and coach here in Winnipeg.

What a truly remarkable man he is. I think I'm going to try to get down to his auction next year if he has one.
74_75_78_79_

Re: Bud Grant on NFL Films Presents

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

The only time I've ever been in Minnesota was driving east back home on a road trip - strictly Route 90. Only stop was at a diner in Austin (Spam). Would really like to check out the Twin Cities someday (Duluth too; something real intriguing to me about that - and You Know Who was born in nearby Superior, WI). There are many who say it's underrated amongst big midwestern cities; especially to Chicago (Des Moines seems to be actually gaining some of that 'underrated' steam as well). Why not kill two birds with a stone and check it all out but first...heading to Eden for that auction??

Sounds like a plan. Meet a living, Class Legend!
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

JohnH19 wrote:Hey team, if at all possible, try to catch this week's episode. The whole program features the life and times of Bud. It's absolutely terrific, in part because it does justice to his 14 years as a player and coach here in Winnipeg.

What a truly remarkable man he is. I think I'm going to try to get down to his auction next year if he has one.
Ah Winterpeg, home of Neil Young and the Guess Who ... It's on my bucket list!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

I know there was some mild concern that Bud might only last a few months after he shocked everyone by going out for the playoff coin flip against the Seahawks with just a regular shirt on in brutal cold. Quite a hearty soul and good to hear that he's still vibrant.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

JeffreyMiller wrote: Ah Winterpeg, home of Neil Young and the Guess Who ... It's on my bucket list!
...and can someone explain to me why the Guess Who isn't in the Rock & Roll HoF?
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

JohnH19 wrote:
JeffreyMiller wrote: Ah Winterpeg, home of Neil Young and the Guess Who ... It's on my bucket list!
...and can someone explain to me why the Guess Who isn't in the Rock & Roll HoF?
I've often wondered the same thing ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

JeffreyMiller wrote:
JohnH19 wrote:
I've often wondered the same thing ...
I used to be a Classic Rock DJ, and talked to members of a few great bands from the 60's and 70's and we talked about the R&R HOF, and they told me (like the sports HOF's) it often comes down to politics. Many of the people who vote for you for the R&R HOF are fellow artists and journalists who often have a grudge to bear. In fact, I remember a recent interview with a lead singer for a very famous 70's and 80's rock band whose band sold 80 million records who said he was told years ago by one of the people who runs the R&R HOF that his band would never be inducted because they are considered "Arena Rock".
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Rupert Patrick wrote:I used to be a Classic Rock DJ, and talked to members of a few great bands from the 60's and 70's and we talked about the R&R HOF, and they told me (like the sports HOF's) it often comes down to politics. Many of the people who vote for you for the R&R HOF are fellow artists and journalists who often have a grudge to bear. In fact, I remember a recent interview with a lead singer for a very famous 70's and 80's rock band whose band sold 80 million records who said he was told years ago by one of the people who runs the R&R HOF that his band would never be inducted because they are considered "Arena Rock".
It's whoever Jann Wenner deems worthy, with NYC roots adding bonus points to any nomination.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Neil Young has always given credit to Randy bachman as an influence ... Perhaps he should sponsor the guess who's candidacy? They are just as deserving as some already in. Cameron Crow, who started out as a rolling stone contributed, was also a fan, as was legendary critic Lester Bangs.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Oh, I see ... it's the name of a group.

I thought I was supposed to guess who isn't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I thought it was a silly question :D