Who's the person to ask a Phil.Eagles question?

falconfan58

Re: Who's the person to ask a Phil.Eagles question?

Post by falconfan58 »

Did Chuck Bednarik say Tommy Nobis was the best young MLB in the mid 60s, in the NFL,and if he did what book was it in?
thanks
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

In the series of books "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" a group of people set out to discover the answer to the riddle of "Life, the Universe and Everything." They build a giant computer which takes eons to solve the question.
Its answer: 42.
Needless to say, they are a little perturbed.

No idea on the Eagles question, though.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

JuggernautJ wrote:In the series of books "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" a race of people set out to discover the answer to the riddle of "Life, the Universe and Everything." They build a giant computer which takes eons to solve the question.

No idea on the Eagles question, though.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Maxymuk is as well read on football as any, and lives in the area.

I've never read anything of that sort, was it de finally in a book or could it have been an interview captured in a newspaper or the like.
John Maxymuk

Post by John Maxymuk »

I'll take a look in my files tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic. It sounds like something that would have been in some generic Who is the Best MLB today article in a magazine like Sport. If you really think it was in a book,I would try to find a copy of Great Linebackers of the NFL by Richard Kaplan, part of the punt pass and kick series for kids. That seems like a plausible place for it to be.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

John Maxymuk wrote:I'll take a look in my files tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic. It sounds like something that would have been in some generic Who is the Best MLB today article in a magazine like Sport. If you really think it was in a book,I would try to find a copy of Great Linebackers of the NFL by Richard Kaplan, part of the punt pass and kick series for kids. That seems like a plausible place for it to be.
I don't recall reading that quote, but it might have appeared somewhere. I do recall a Vince Lombardi quite I saw in some magazine, maybe Sport. Lombardi said something like "Atlanta has to take Nobis Number One."
falconfan58

Post by falconfan58 »

Thanks for everyone's help.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

JuggernautJ wrote:In the series of books "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" a group of people set out to discover the answer to the riddle of "Life, the Universe and Everything." They build a giant computer which takes eons to solve the question.
It took so long - millions of years - that they had forgotten the original question.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

falconfan58 wrote:I asked because I'm doing some research.By the way,not trying to start anything,but what is 42 the answer to?
Life, the Universe and Everything.