Anyone else have issue downloading gamebooks?

JohnTurney

Anyone else have issue downloading gamebooks?

Post by JohnTurney »

Looking to download one season of Bucs, but seems to not conenct or something. Wondering if it's on my end or not
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Re: Anyone else have issue downloading gamebooks?

Post by Ken Crippen »

JohnTurney wrote:Looking to download one season of Bucs, but seems to not conenct or something. Wondering if it's on my end or not
Nope. The problem is on our end. Sean Lahman was hosting the gamebooks. He let the domain expire. I am working with him to get all of the gamebooks, including others that we do not have. Once I get everything, I will host it on the PFRA website.

My apologies for the inconvenience.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Ken Crippen wrote:
JohnTurney wrote:Looking to download one season of Bucs, but seems to not conenct or something. Wondering if it's on my end or not
Nope. The problem is on our end. Sean Lahman was hosting the gamebooks. He let the domain expire. I am working with him to get all of the gamebooks, including others that we do not have. Once I get everything, I will host it on the PFRA website.

No problem, just wanted to know it wasn't my browser or something
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

Ken Crippen wrote:

I think Sean got them form this site:

http://www.bucpower.com
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

TodMaher wrote:
Ken Crippen wrote:

I think Sean got them form this site:

http://www.bucpower.com

thanks, much
Steviek

Post by Steviek »

That Bucs site is actually a great site. I like the way it has links to game by game for each season, along with the broadcast highlights (where available) and game books.

I think this was the same site that several years ago had some rare footage - both network and NFL Films - of the Bucs/Chiefs 1979 monsoon game. The NFL Films clip was the Facenda narrated story of the game, for which I have not been able to find elsewhere. Not even on the 1979 team highlights.

Sadly, all those clips were apparently forced to be taken down several years ago.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Steviek wrote:That Bucs site is actually a great site. I like the way it has links to game by game for each season, along with the broadcast highlights (where available) and game books.

I think this was the same site that several years ago had some rare footage - both network and NFL Films - of the Bucs/Chiefs 1979 monsoon game. The NFL Films clip was the Facenda narrated story of the game, for which I have not been able to find elsewhere. Not even on the 1979 team highlights.

Sadly, all those clips were apparently forced to be taken down several years ago.
The Bucpower.com site, if I remember correctly, is run by a bunch of rabid Bucs fans in the UK, and it is the most comprehensive Bucs fan website period. NFL Films did a segment a couple years back on the Bucs fan club in the UK and that Tampa Bay has had the most hardcore fan base of NFL team over there.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen