HOF: TO vs Ochocinco?

Gary Najman

Re: HOF: TO vs Ochocinco?

Post by Gary Najman »

I think that the signature play for T.O. (at least for the HOF voters who nominated Jerry Jones yesterday) was with the Cowboys, and was when he celebrated a TD with popcorn :D . Second choice wouold be with the 49ers when he signed a ball after a TD at Seattle, and the best part, he gave it to his finance adviser.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I want to share you an anecdote from T.O. that most of you (and I believe that even T.O. himself) don't know. There's a Mexican girl whose name is Gabriela "Gaby" Ramírez, who has been an aspiring T.V. actress for more than a decade. She has had minor roles in soap operas and game shows here in Mexico and in the Spanish-speaking networks in Miami and Los Angeles. One time she went on vacation to Los Cabos (or Cabo, as it is widely known in the U.S.) in South Baja California. There she met T.O. (at the time when he still was with the Cowboys), who was staying at the same hotel with her, and she took pictures of them together and later gave them to a gossip magazine, who published them, saying that Owens was her boyfriend. When some time later someone asked her what was happening with her relationship with T.O., she said that he was busy in Dallas preparing for the NFL season and that she was waiting for him to call her and then she move up north to join him. The call never came and she wound posing nude for Playboy Magazine the following month.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

conace21 wrote:I would think that TO's signature game would either be the game against the Bears in 2000 where he set an NFL record with 20 receptions, or the 2002 Wild Card game against NY. Terrell caught 9 balls for 177 yards, 2 TD's and helped SF come back from 24 points down.
You could also argue that (despite the loss) Super Bowl XLIX was TO's signature game, where he was playing on a bad ankle and leg, catching 9 passes for 122 yards and willing himself to play in that game even though nobody thought he would come back from the leg injury in December. Had the Eagles pulled out a victory I think he would have been the game MVP, and it is nothing against his performance that Andy Reid didn't understand proper clock management late in the game. I am not a fan of Owens, but Super Bowl XLIX was an amazing performance.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

JuggernautJ wrote: Personally, I believe there are some players (and I've played with a few) whose conduct is so detrimental that it subtracts from their value to the team. As such, I believe that behavior should be considered when evaluating a player.
And as such, I would never support T. O. (or C.J.) for the Hall of Fame.
+1
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

Yes on TO, maybe gets in next year. No on Ochocinco.