Historical injury reports, week by week

Kermit McManus

Historical injury reports, week by week

Post by Kermit McManus »

Sorry to start another thread, but does anyone know of a resource online where they can be found? Thanks much.
BD Sullivan

Re: Historical injury reports, week by week

Post by BD Sullivan »

It's far from exhaustive, but this can be used as a start:

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/index.htm
JohnTurney

Pro Football weekly

Post by JohnTurney »

alway published them, but that was from the late 1960s till it went out of business.
TodMaher

Post by TodMaher »

Kermit McManus wrote:Sorry to start another thread, but does anyone know of a resource online where they can be found? Thanks much.
Just about any decent paper published the official injury report (I think each Thursday) starting (again, from memory) in 1974(?)

https://news.google.com/newspapers
bquinn

Post by bquinn »

Great resource. Is there also a listing somewhere of the active rosters for each week of the NFL season? I'm particularly interested in the week-by-week rosters for 1977.
Pat McDonald

Post by Pat McDonald »

bquinn wrote:Great resource. Is there also a listing somewhere of the active rosters for each week of the NFL season? I'm particularly interested in the week-by-week rosters for 1977.

Pro Football Weekly may have that for the previous week's games. nfl.com will tell you if a player was active or played in a given week for seasons going back to 1970.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

bquinn wrote:Great resource. Is there also a listing somewhere of the active rosters for each week of the NFL season? I'm particularly interested in the week-by-week rosters for 1977.
You could always consult the gamebooks for the season, and go thru the NFL transactions wires, that would be in newspapers or in Pro Football Weekly or College and Pro Football Weekly, which was a great statistical source if you ever come across them.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen