Class Of 2023 PFHOF

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
racepug

Re: Class Of 2023 PFHOF

Post by racepug »

Ken Crippen wrote:Everson Walls is another one he is pushing.
I'll never forget that in one of his books from the '80s Coach John Madden opined that the reason Everson Walls looked so good was because of Ed "Too Tall" Jones. I have no idea how much truth there is to that but every time I see "Everson Walls" that's what I think of.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Its true, racepug ... Ed Jones tipped, altered and defensed alot of passes that Walls intercepted or defensed ... Jones was also good against the run making it easier for Walls in run support or focusing on coverage. Walls will thank Jones, if he ever makes the HOF ...
Zero26

Post by Zero26 »

Besides the whole "no WRs" thing(including technically Hester) this was a typical HOF class. Thomas and Revis were no brainers IMO and Ware was supposed to be a no brainer last year. No surprises there. Zach Thomas was never one of my 5 top guys on the ballot but with 7 PBs and 5 first team AP hes a HOFer even if I don't think he compares well to the other candidates on the ballot.

Thought Barber would have to wait a year or two but now that's he's in there's more time to push Rice's HOF case. That's one of the handful of modern cases I'm very passionate about(strongly disagree with Lynch getting in before Barber and Rice).

One of the other cases I'm passionate about is Boldin and no WRs getting in this year hurts his chances so I wasn't happy about that. The good news is the logjam isn't going to get worse for a few years now. But I thought they'd have gotten to Holt and Wayne by now(expect one of them to get in next year).

I wasn't strongly opposed to the senior picks in a vaccum just within the context of the senior pool I wasn't satisfied with the picks though we knew Riley was coming. I was more happy with the finalist and semi finalist lists(a few pre merger players, I'm a big proponent of Otis Taylor etc). And am happy with the expansion of the senior classes from 1-3. So I'll take the sum of the years events as a win.