Random Trivia II

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Todd Pence » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:39 am

One year, the Monday Night Football team visited the same two cities back-to-back consecutively for four straight Monday Night games. To illustrate, one week they were in city A for a Monday Night Game. The next week, they traveled to city B to do the next week's Monday Night game. Then week after, they went back to city A for the next Monday Night Broadcast. And the week after that it was right back to city B for that week's MN game!

What year did this happen and who were the two host teams involved?
User avatar
Todd Pence
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:07 am

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby SixtiesFan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:26 pm

IvanNYC wrote:
Jay Z wrote:
Todd Pence wrote:This was the only team in NFL history who had an official fourth-place finish, but going into the final week still had a chance at winning the division title outright. Name them.


Gotta be the 1963 Steelers.


Yes. The 1963 Pittsburgh Steelers are the only team that controlled their own destiny for the division/conference title going into the final week (with a win over NYG), that finished in fourth-place. In addition, both the 1951 Bears and 1994 Bears had a shot at winning the division title outright, but needed help. In 1951, the Bears would have won the National Conference with a win + DET loss + LA loss. And in 1994, Chicago would have clinched the NFC Central with a win + MIN loss + DET loss. Both the '51 and '94 Bears lost their last game and ended up finishing in fourth-place.


I remember watching that 1963 Giant-Steeler game on TV. Had the Steelers won they would have finished 8-3-3 and the Giants 10-4. With ties not counting the Steelers percentage would have been .727 to the Giants .714.
SixtiesFan
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:04 pm

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Bryan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:30 am

sluggermatt15 wrote:
Bryan wrote:Q#3: The 1978 Steelers opening week roster had 22 players with 2 Super Bowl rings and 1 player with 1 Super Bowl ring. Name the player with 1 Super Bowl ring.


John Banaszak. Started at defensive tackle.


Correct! Bonus question: which player with 2 Super Bowl rings did the Steelers acquire in midseason?
User avatar
Bryan
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Todd Pence » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:10 pm

Bryan wrote:
sluggermatt15 wrote:
Bryan wrote:Q#3: The 1978 Steelers opening week roster had 22 players with 2 Super Bowl rings and 1 player with 1 Super Bowl ring. Name the player with 1 Super Bowl ring.


John Banaszak. Started at defensive tackle.


Correct! Bonus question: which player with 2 Super Bowl rings did the Steelers acquire in midseason?



Jim Mandich
User avatar
Todd Pence
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:07 am

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Bryan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Todd Pence wrote:
Jim Mandich


Correct!
User avatar
Bryan
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby ChrisBabcock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:22 pm

Here's another question along the same lines as the ones we've been doing lately...

Name the first 4 players to catch 200 passes in their first 4 seasons. A few hints... Two of the players accomplished the feat for the same team. Although their careers did not overlap. Of the two others, each of them caught zero passes in their first season. So the 200 came all in years 2-4. One of these guys came very close to getting 200 in years 2 and 3 alone. (which might be a bit of a giveaway)
ChrisBabcock
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:36 pm
Location: Tonawanda, NY

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Bryan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 pm

ChrisBabcock wrote:Here's another question along the same lines as the ones we've been doing lately...

Name the first 4 players to catch 200 passes in their first 4 seasons. A few hints... Two of the players accomplished the feat for the same team. Although their careers did not overlap. Of the two others, each of them caught zero passes in their first season. So the 200 came all in years 2-4. One of these guys came very close to getting 200 in years 2 and 3 alone. (which might be a bit of a giveaway)


I think the "two others" are Art Powell & Lionel Taylor.
User avatar
Bryan
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby vikingsfan1963 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Todd Pence wrote:One year, the Monday Night Football team visited the same two cities back-to-back consecutively for four straight Monday Night games. To illustrate, one week they were in city A for a Monday Night Game. The next week, they traveled to city B to do the next week's Monday Night game. Then week after, they went back to city A for the next Monday Night Broadcast. And the week after that it was right back to city B for that week's MN game!

What year did this happen and who were the two host teams involved?


What's the answer to this one???
vikingsfan1963
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby ChrisBabcock » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Bryan wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:Here's another question along the same lines as the ones we've been doing lately...

Name the first 4 players to catch 200 passes in their first 4 seasons. A few hints... Two of the players accomplished the feat for the same team. Although their careers did not overlap. Of the two others, each of them caught zero passes in their first season. So the 200 came all in years 2-4. One of these guys came very close to getting 200 in years 2 and 3 alone. (which might be a bit of a giveaway)


I think the "two others" are Art Powell & Lionel Taylor.


Correct. The two.not guessed yet played on the same team.

Stumped on that MNF question.
ChrisBabcock
 
Posts: 1337
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:36 pm
Location: Tonawanda, NY

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Todd Pence » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:22 pm

vikingsfan1963 wrote:
Todd Pence wrote:One year, the Monday Night Football team visited the same two cities back-to-back consecutively for four straight Monday Night games. To illustrate, one week they were in city A for a Monday Night Game. The next week, they traveled to city B to do the next week's Monday Night game. Then week after, they went back to city A for the next Monday Night Broadcast. And the week after that it was right back to city B for that week's MN game!

What year did this happen and who were the two host teams involved?


What's the answer to this one???


Since everyone appears to be stumped, here's the answer.

The year was 1985. Week 12 brought the MNF crew to San Francisco, where the 49ers defeated the Seahawks. The next week, MNF went to Miami for the legendary Dolphins-Bears game. Week 14 they went right back to Candlestick as the Rams took a crucial game from the Niners that decided the division title. Then in week 15, it was back to Miami again for the Dolphins' win over the Patriots.
User avatar
Todd Pence
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests