Chris Hinton

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
Halas Hall

Chris Hinton

Post by Halas Hall »

Chris Hinton last played in 1995. Am I correct that since 25 years have passed he is eligible for nomination this year to the Hall of the Very Good?

Thank you.

Nick
sluggermatt15

Re: Chris Hinton

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Halas Hall wrote:Chris Hinton last played in 1995. Am I correct that since 25 years have passed he is eligible for nomination this year to the Hall of the Very Good?

Thank you.

Nick
Nick, you are correct. Chris Hinton should be eligible to be nominated for the HOVG this year.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Hinton was a pro bowl fixture for some time. extremely steady. Did not play in very high profile locations for the time and guys on the offensive line tend to get overshadowed anywhere nomatter where they play. But Hinton definitely deserves it
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

My 1985 Zander Hollander guide opines that the Colts may have gotten the better of the John Elway trade...and Elway had just gone 13-3 with the Broncos in 1984 while Hinton had missed 10 games due to injury. So I guess Hinton made a strong initial impression on people.
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

Chris Hinton played 13 years in the NFL (1983-1995), his first seven seasons with the Colts (Baltimore 1983, Indianapolis 1984-1989) and then with the Atlanta Falcons (1990-1993) and his last two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings (1994-1995). Hinton was elected to seven Pro Bowl appearances and was named an all-pro once. He pass-blocked for a collection of quarterbacks, including Mike Pagel, Jack Trudeau, Chris Chandler, Chris Miller, Bobby Hebert, and Warren Moon, and he run-blocked for Curtis Dickey, Randy McMillan, Eric Dickerson, Mike Rozier, Steve Broussard, Erric Pegram, Terry Allen, and Robert Smith.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium