HOF Finalists named

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
jeckle_and_heckle

Re: I'm a Stalker...

Post by jeckle_and_heckle »

JuggernautJ wrote:
Reaser wrote: ....stalk blocking....
I LOLed at this, Matt.
I guess I've thrown about a thousand of 'em but I never thought of it as that. :lol:
Nice terminology. Well said.
That's certainly an apt term for what Warren Sapp did to Chad Clifton. You could even up the ante and call that one a "snuff block."
"ROGER THAT"
TanksAndSpartans

Re: HOF Finalists named

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

I was on a board once where a poster put Jim Taylor as the FB on their 60s team and Brown wasn't the HB either. No one who posted in the thread supported him. I'd be interested in seeing a list of all time RB where Brown wasn't first - don't see many of those.
JuggernautJ

Re: HOF Finalists named

Post by JuggernautJ »

JWL wrote: Gastineau has some honors that could give him a serious look but being a flamboyant, jerky type player hurts him. We have seen how that same thing has hurt Terrell Owens. I would vote "no" to Gastineau.
I have come down hard on players who, as negative teammates, detracted from the overall functioning of a team. In effect, they are the opposite of a "great" player, making everyone else around them worse.

But I differentiate between that and a teammate who is merely "flamboyant."
I don't like that style of play but as long as it doesn't detract from the team I can tolerate it.
So do your stupid TD (or sack) dance and look like an idiot... I don't care.
But bring that sh!t into the locker room (or taunt someone on the field) and we will be discussing it.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

jeckle_and_heckle wrote:
JuggernautJ wrote:
Reaser wrote: ....stalk blocking....
I LOLed at this, Matt.
I guess I've thrown about a thousand of 'em but I never thought of it as that. :lol:
Nice terminology. Well said.
That's certainly an apt term for what Warren Sapp did to Chad Clifton. You could even up the ante and call that one a "snuff block."
And I'd also like to clarify that I would never (and never did) throw a block like that.
First of all, sportsmanship is paramount and I would never lay out a guy who didn't see me coming.
Secondly, reciprocity is a b!tch.
jeckle_and_heckle

Post by jeckle_and_heckle »

JuggernautJ wrote:
And I'd also like to clarify that I would never (and never did) throw a block like that.
First of all, sportsmanship is paramount and I would never lay out a guy who didn't see me coming.
Secondly, reciprocity is a b!tch.
Unfortunately, Sapp never got his comeuppance. At least not until the bankruptcy courts got a hold of him. :lol:
"ROGER THAT"