SPORT magazine

falconfan58

SPORT magazine

Post by falconfan58 »

Anyone know where I can get articles from the late 1960s?Ive tried the local public library and the VSU library,no luck.I'd hate to buy an entire magazine for one article,then I thought,someone on here may know something I didn't think of.
thanks
JohnTurney

Re: SPORT magazine

Post by JohnTurney »

The Hall of Fame has them, but you'd need to visit there. If you have the means and you are serious about getting info on Tommy Nobis, that is worth a trip. Make appointment with library, travel there, do research...and you will find lots of books, articles, magazines, etc.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

I can recall only one Sport Magazine piece on Tommy Nobis. It was (I think) in the fall of 1965 while he was still a college player. The title was something like "Nobis Hits 'em Right In The Goozle." This article had the Lombardi quote I previously referenced.

You can find almost any Sport magazine issue on Ebay or Amazon.
Last edited by SixtiesFan on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

The issue I mentioned was for December 1965. The Nobis piece is by Dallas Cowboy beat write at the time, Steve Perkins. This Sport Magazine issue has a LOT of good pro football stuff. You can get it from Ebay for less than $10.

It took me two-three minutes to find this information.