2015 Obituaries

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby Teo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:31 pm

John Barrow, a OT/DT who played 14 seasons (1957-1970) with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League, died on Tuesday Febryary 17th. He was 79 years old. Barrow was considered the top offensive lineman in the history of the CFL at the time of his retirment and was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 1976. Barrow played college football at Florida and was selected by the Detroit Lions in the 5th round of the 1957 NFL Draft, but he chose to play in Canada.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/fo ... w-dead-79/

http://www.cfhof.ca/hall-of-fame-member ... ge=Players
Teo
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby cdwillis » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 am

Former NFL WR Clyde Duncan died on Feb. 15th. He was 54 years old.

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/foot ... 4_78138995
cdwillis
cdwillis
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:14 pm
Location: South Jersey/Philly

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby Rupert Patrick » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 pm

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terp ... story.html

Ed Modzelewski, the star fullback on Maryland's undefeated 1952 Sugar Bowl champions, died Friday of congestive heart failure at his home in West Sedona, Ariz. "Big Mo," as he was known, was 86.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
User avatar
Rupert Patrick
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm
Location: Upstate SC

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby cdwillis » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:00 am

Former NFL linebacker Tom Bettis, who played nine years in the NFL, died on Feb. 28th. He was 81 years old.
Bettis played for the Packers (1955-1961), winning 1 NFL Championship; Steelers (1962) and the Bears (1963),
winning another NFL Championship with the Bears.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chicag ... =174288770
cdwillis
cdwillis
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:14 pm
Location: South Jersey/Philly

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby Bryan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:20 am

cdwillis wrote:Former NFL linebacker Tom Bettis, who played nine years in the NFL, died on Feb. 28th. He was 81 years old.
Bettis played for the Packers (1955-1961), winning 1 NFL Championship; Steelers (1962) and the Bears (1963),
winning another NFL Championship with the Bears.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chicag ... =174288770


Image
User avatar
Bryan
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 am

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby JohnH19 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:30 pm

Teo wrote:John Barrow, a OT/DT who played 14 seasons (1957-1970) with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League, died on Tuesday Febryary 17th. He was 79 years old. Barrow was considered the top offensive lineman in the history of the CFL at the time of his retirment...


Barrow was actually recognized more for his great play as a DT than he was for his play as an OT.
JohnH19
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby LJP » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:22 am

Former Giants, Steelers & Bears E Dick Hensley died March 7, aged 87.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/herald ... =174344191
LJP
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:12 am

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby LJP » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:24 am

Former Eagles & 49ers DE Jerry Wilson died March 5, aged 78.

http://obits.al.com/obituaries/birmingh ... =174331641
LJP
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:12 am

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby BD Sullivan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:03 pm

Dan Lewis, who played with three teams from 1958-66 (primarily the Lions) died on March 6 at the age of 79:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/l ... /24673181/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... wiDa02.htm
BD Sullivan
 
Posts: 2227
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: 2015 Obituaries

Postby SixtiesFan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:54 am

BD Sullivan wrote:Dan Lewis, who played with three teams from 1958-66 (primarily the Lions) died on March 6 at the age of 79:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/l ... /24673181/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... wiDa02.htm


I remember in the early 60's when you watched the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. Their running backs were Dan Lewis and Nick Pietrosante.
SixtiesFan
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Football Obituaries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests