Better OC, Charlie Weiss or Josh McDaniels?

74_75_78_79_

Better OC, Charlie Weiss or Josh McDaniels?

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

One was at helm as offensive coordinator for the Pats' first three Lombardis, the other at helm for their last three.

I'm going to have to go with Weiss. If only for that significant outside accolade of he also being the OC for those '98 Jets! I've always credited Tuna for bringing out the best in his QBs, numerous times have praised him for how Testaverde played under his watch, but Weiss was a big help as well; gave Vinny an added push! He not only being an OC under Belichick but also under Parcells helps his case here.

Thoughts?
Brian wolf

Re: Better OC, Charlie Weiss or Josh McDaniels?

Post by Brian wolf »

Weis in my opinion. He developed Brady hands down. McDaniels and BOB just rode his coattails, though McDaniels was better than O Brien. Weis helped develop Testaverde as well, a fundamentally strong coach.
rhickok1109

Re: Better OC, Charlie Weiss or Josh McDaniels?

Post by rhickok1109 »

Brian wolf wrote:Weis in my opinion. He developed Brady hands down. McDaniels and BOB just rode his coattails, though McDaniels was better than O Brien. Weis helped develop Testaverde as well, a fundamentally strong coach.
Dick Rehbein developed Brady while the rest of the coaching staff was paying very little attention to him.