What will the Redskins new name be?

RichardBak

Re: What will the Redskins new name be?

Post by RichardBak »

Well, they're always talking about draining the swamp in DC. How about Swamp Creatures?

Or the Washington Lobbyists. The new logo can be a briefcase stuffed with cash.
Crazy Packers Fan

Post by Crazy Packers Fan »

I've been advocating for a long time now for their name to be the "Hogs." It would pay homage to their storied history, and it's just a great nickname.
JKelly

Post by JKelly »

Washington Snyders owners face on helmet or a horses ass.
Washington Monuments NFLs first phallic symbol on a helmet.
Washington Pentagons have all the branches of the military on the helmet. ( Actually kinda like this one)
Washington Presidents each season have a different one on the helmet. Of course all slave owning ones or confirmed bigots will be omitted. So we should be good for 20 or so.
Washington Express and have Fed Ex logo on helmet.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

It doesn't matter. I will say Washington Redskins now and forever. Even if they paid me to say the new name I'm saying Redskins
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

lastcat3 wrote:
sheajets wrote:I will forever refuse to use any other name than Redskins. And let's not back down to the communist mob for once. And make the NFL and all these other organizations pay a price for their wokeness. Don't accept any new name. Push on with Redskins forever

What Snyder is doing here is buying time and hoping this terroristic behavior directed towards him and his team is either defeated or dies down. Let this be a process...a loooong process. They stand to lose a lot of money and a lot of fans giving in as well. The NFL in general is unfortunately going to get slapped upside the head this year by its most loyal fans due to the direction it's taken. The comments on social media are very very ominous.
Like it or not it s going to change. If not now it will eventually. Calling a team the Redskins isn't any different than if there was an NFL team called the Kike's. Like others have said they can still choose a name that represents a Native American.
I'm surprised your name isn't "sheatitans" :D
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

lastcat3 wrote:
sheajets wrote:I will forever refuse to use any other name than Redskins. And let's not back down to the communist mob for once. And make the NFL and all these other organizations pay a price for their wokeness. Don't accept any new name. Push on with Redskins forever

What Snyder is doing here is buying time and hoping this terroristic behavior directed towards him and his team is either defeated or dies down. Let this be a process...a loooong process. They stand to lose a lot of money and a lot of fans giving in as well. The NFL in general is unfortunately going to get slapped upside the head this year by its most loyal fans due to the direction it's taken. The comments on social media are very very ominous.
Like it or not it s going to change. If not now it will eventually. Calling a team the Redskins isn't any different than if there was an NFL team called the Kike's. Like others have said they can still choose a name that represents a Native American.
It's not. One is a slur and Redskins isn't. If their skin was white and we were red...it would've been the Whiteskins this whole time. Just describing a skin color isn't derogative. And negative aspects of white society and culture are regularly used as sports mascots/names without any kicking and screaming. Nothing honorable about vikings raping and pillaging or piracy.

The Native Americans, in defeat, still fought valiantly and should be honored. The logo itself is about as beautiful as it gets.

Drew Brees was shouted down, insulted, threatened and has since been forced to wear the name of violent rapist Jacob Blake on his helmet (which the league is now honoring) but Redskins...no that's not acceptable

What planet do these people live on?
Last edited by sheajets on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

rhickok1109 wrote:
lastcat3 wrote:

I'm surprised your name isn't "sheatitans" :D
fwiw I've always disliked when the Jets honored their titans past. Sure same franchise but what on earth is worth remembering? 3 forgettable years playing in front of nobody and struggling to make payroll. Who has affinity/nostalgia for the 1960-1962 Titans? They were a punchline.

It was just a way to push the gold and blue merchandise
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

sheajets wrote:
lastcat3 wrote:

It's not. One is a slur and Redskins isn't. If their skin was white and we were red...it would've been the Whiteskins this whole time. Just describing a skin color isn't derogative. And negative aspects of white society and culture are regularly used as sports mascots/names without any kicking and screaming. Nothing honorable about vikings raping and pillaging or piracy.

The Native Americans, in defeat, still fought valiantly and should be honored. The logo itself is about as beautiful as it gets.

Drew Brees was shouted down, insulted, threatened and has since been forced to wear the name of violent rapist Jacob Blake on his helmet (which the league is now honoring) but Redskins...no that's not acceptable

What planet do these people live on?
Can we consider a "no politics" rule? I've had two of my posts taken down - one was for linking to youtube and the other was a more complicated case. I don't think this is a good look for the board. We had the discussion in real time and people discussed their views - no need to stir the pot all these weeks later. There are so many other outlets for these kinds of posts these days - please take it someplace else.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Can we consider a "no politics" rule? I've had two of my posts taken down - one was for linking to youtube and the other was a more complicated case. I don't think this is a good look for the board. We had the discussion in real time and people discussed their views - no need to stir the pot all these weeks later. There are so many other outlets for these kinds of posts these days - please take it someplace else.
I can support that and will no longer talk politics. Hopefully it can spread to every major sport league
Ken Crippen
Site Moderator

Post by Ken Crippen »

TanksAndSpartans wrote: Can we consider a "no politics" rule? I've had two of my posts taken down - one was for linking to youtube and the other was a more complicated case. I don't think this is a good look for the board. We had the discussion in real time and people discussed their views - no need to stir the pot all these weeks later. There are so many other outlets for these kinds of posts these days - please take it someplace else.

I agree. The initial discussion on the team name ran its course and we can refrain from further political discussions. There are plenty of other outlets for that talk. Let's focus on football and football history.
Football Learning Academy: https://www.football-learning-academy.com
An online school teaching football history.

FLA Podcast: https://www.football-learning-academy.com/pages/podcast