Random Trivia II

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby JuggernautJ » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Bryan wrote:...I thought Rote had been retired for years.


Rote was also the AP MVP and Championship winning QB in 1963 for the AFL's San Diego Chargers.
JuggernautJ
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:14 pm
Location: NinerLand, Ca.

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby ChrisBabcock » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:13 am

Who threw for the FEWEST career passing yards, while having at least one 3000 yard season? (Active players excluded)
ChrisBabcock
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:36 pm
Location: Tonawanda, NY

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby sluggermatt15 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:07 pm

ChrisBabcock wrote:Who threw for the FEWEST career passing yards, while having at least one 3000 yard season? (Active players excluded)


Timm Rosenbach

Threw for 3,098 yards with the Phoenix Cardinals in 1990. Career passing yardage total of 3,676.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... seTi00.htm
sluggermatt15
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby ChrisBabcock » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:17 pm

sluggermatt15 wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:Who threw for the FEWEST career passing yards, while having at least one 3000 yard season? (Active players excluded)


Timm Rosenbach

Threw for 3,098 yards with the Phoenix Cardinals in 1990. Career passing yardage total of 3,676.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... seTi00.htm


Correct! If I were asked this question my first guess would have been Dieter Brock. But he didn't go over 3000 his one season.
ChrisBabcock
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:36 pm
Location: Tonawanda, NY

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Bryan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:39 am

I would have guessed Dieter Brock as well (or, as the Chicago Tribune referred to him prior to the 85 NFC Championship, 'Brock Dieter').

Question: Name the only player in AFL history to return 2 INTs for TDs in one game.
User avatar
Bryan
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Wendell02 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Bryan wrote:I would have guessed Dieter Brock as well (or, as the Chicago Tribune referred to him prior to the 85 NFC Championship, 'Brock Dieter').

Question: Name the only player in AFL history to return 2 INTs for TDs in one game.


Miller Farr, Oilers, 12/7/1968.
Wendell02
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Mount Juliet, TN

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Bryan » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Wendell02 wrote:
Bryan wrote:I would have guessed Dieter Brock as well (or, as the Chicago Tribune referred to him prior to the 85 NFC Championship, 'Brock Dieter').

Question: Name the only player in AFL history to return 2 INTs for TDs in one game.


Miller Farr, Oilers, 12/7/1968.


Correct!
User avatar
Bryan
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby Bryan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:24 am

Question: what do Harold Carmichael, Marlin Briscoe & Bob Skoronski have in common?
User avatar
Bryan
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:37 am

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby sluggermatt15 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:12 pm

Bryan wrote:Question: what do Harold Carmichael, Marlin Briscoe & Bob Skoronski have in common?


This is an interesting question. I found a few parallels, but I am not sure if they are what you are seeking.

Each player has made at least one Pro Bowl and each has played in the Super Bowl.
sluggermatt15
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Re: Random Trivia II

Postby ChrisBabcock » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Bryan wrote:Question: what do Harold Carmichael, Marlin Briscoe & Bob Skoronski have in common?


Bump. Only because I'm really curious. (I give up)
ChrisBabcock
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:36 pm
Location: Tonawanda, NY

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JWL and 34 guests