Dave Volsky

RRMarshall

Re: Dave Volsky

Post by RRMarshall »

This is just a guess on my part but Dave started to add a Watermark to his videos to discourage the people that were pirating his videos. I was told that this could be interpreted as claiming ownership of the material which would ruffle the feathers of NFL Films. Just a shame all around, too bad he couldn't reach an understanding with NFL Films to put out such material. It is a great loss.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

lastcat3 wrote:Just because it wasn't doing any harm doesn't give someone the right to take someone else's property and release it for their own personal gain.
What did he gain, besides a few virtual pats on the back?
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Citizen wrote:
lastcat3 wrote:Just because it wasn't doing any harm doesn't give someone the right to take someone else's property and release it for their own personal gain.
That's why most people do youtube these days. Make a little cash for themselves as well as hopefully increase their following.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

lastcat3 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
That's why most people do youtube these days. Make a little cash for themselves as well as hopefully increase their following.
To make any money on YouTube, you have to sell advertising, with YouTube taking a healthy cut. Volsky has never done this.

As for "increase their following," I'm sure Volsky was gratified that lots of people appreciated his work. Does your bank take that check?
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Citizen wrote:
To make any money on YouTube, you have to sell advertising, with YouTube taking a healthy cut. Volsky has never done this.

As for "increase their following," I'm sure Volsky was gratified that lots of people appreciated his work. Does your bank take that check?
There are far more ways people make money off of youtube than just advertisement. Selling shirts and patreon donors is just two other ways.