2020 Hall of Very Good Finalists

Andy Piascik

2020 Hall of Very Good Finalists

Post by Andy Piascik »

There was a tie for the final spot in the voting so this year's Hall of Very Good ballot will have 21 men. They are Ottis Anderson, Ray Bray, George Christensen, Russ Francis, Mark Gastineau, Jay Hilgenberg, Ed “Too Tall” Jones, Mike Kenn, Warren Lahr, Tony Latone, Ron McDole, Karl Mecklenburg, Stanley Morgan, John Niland, Peggy Parratt, Richie Petitbon, George Saimes, Sterling Sharpe, Bill Stanfill, Mike Stratton and Buddy Young.
RyanChristiansen

Re: 2020 Hall of Very Good Finalists

Post by RyanChristiansen »

It's fun to see Richie Petitbon's name on this list. I was in the middle of a Strat-O-Matic Pro Football game between the '69 Jets and '69 Rams when I paused to read this post. Petitbon has two interceptions off Namath already, both on pass attempts to Pete Lammons.

(BTW not only is playing Strat-O-Matic a lot of fun, but it helps me to familiarize myself with the names of past players.)
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
sheajets

Re: 2020 Hall of Very Good Finalists

Post by sheajets »

A great class of players. Was always big fan of Mike Kenn's. Solid, steady, almost never missed a game.

Butch Byrd I feel is someone who should make it in one day. Believe he may have been a finalist either last year or the year before that?

Played only 8 full seasons (7 AFL, 1 post merger NFL) but 5 Pro Bowls and 3x an All Pro. Total ballhawk. And a bit like Ed Reed when the ball was in his hands there's a great chance that it was going back a long way, if not the distance for 6. Was also a great punt returner and had a few returned for TD's as well.

Was an integral part of the Bills two AFL titles.