Most difficult postseason paths

lastcat3

Re: Most difficult postseason paths

Post by lastcat3 »

74_75_78_79_ wrote:Surprised '07 G-men have yet to be mentioned...

at Tampa Bay vs a good (though, ok, not great) Gruden team
at 13-3 top-seed Dallas
at very bitter-cold Lambeau vs another 13-3, the last great Favre Packer team (last Favre Packer team-period)

and...

Super Bowl XLII vs 18-0 Belichick/Brady Pats!!

The '11 installment also remarkable but not as much. That 15-1 Packer team they beat was not all that (beating SF a notable achievement though) and the Pats were not much different. They had a bad defense and, by now, it seems that Coughlin/Eli had their number during this immediate time. I expected G-men to win that game going in.
I try to forget about the past two Giant Super Bowl champs. They seemed to be teams that only decided to start playing when they absolutely had to. Those two teams are a very direct reason why I prefer the college game where teams are judged on their entire body of work and they can't just take vacations like those two Giant teams did and still win championships.
sluggermatt15

Re: Most difficult postseason paths

Post by sluggermatt15 »

lastcat3 wrote:
74_75_78_79_ wrote:Surprised '07 G-men have yet to be mentioned...

at Tampa Bay vs a good (though, ok, not great) Gruden team
at 13-3 top-seed Dallas
at very bitter-cold Lambeau vs another 13-3, the last great Favre Packer team (last Favre Packer team-period)

and...

Super Bowl XLII vs 18-0 Belichick/Brady Pats!!

The '11 installment also remarkable but not as much. That 15-1 Packer team they beat was not all that (beating SF a notable achievement though) and the Pats were not much different. They had a bad defense and, by now, it seems that Coughlin/Eli had their number during this immediate time. I expected G-men to win that game going in.
I try to forget about the past two Giant Super Bowl champs. They seemed to be teams that only decided to start playing when they absolutely had to. Those two teams are a very direct reason why I prefer the college game where teams are judged on their entire body of work and they can't just take vacations like those two Giant teams did and still win championships.
Yeah I think it goes to show the playoffs are really a whole new season. The '07 Giants basically limped in at 9-7, got hot, and the rest is history!