New Charger Unis

NWebster

New Charger Unis

Post by NWebster »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/290 ... ts-a+-look

This might be a first where I actually think these are an upgrade. What do you guys think? I haven't liked the Charger unis since they went to the darker Navy Blue away from thew brighter blue of the Fouts era. I like these though?

What other uni changes do you think were actually upgrades?
rhickok1109

Re: New Charger Unis

Post by rhickok1109 »

NWebster wrote:https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/290 ... ts-a+-look

This might be a first where I actually think these are an upgrade. What do you guys think? I haven't liked the Charger unis since they went to the darker Navy Blue away from thew brighter blue of the Fouts era. I like these though?

That powder blue is too wishy-washy for me :)
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I know people liked the creamsicles but when the Buccaneers switched to the dark red and pewter, they instantly became one of the best uniforms in the league.
JWL

Post by JWL »

I list the new Chargers uniforms as my favorites at this time. I especially like the ones with the yellow pants and that TV numbers do not exist.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

rhickok1109 wrote: That powder blue is too wishy-washy for me :)
Yeah, I prefer the Air Coryell uniform scheme. Powder Blue is becoming too overdone.

I agree with the other poster that the Bucs' pewter look was a big upgrade from Creamsicle, On the opposite end, I think the original Atlanta Falcons uniforms were the best they ever had, and each subsequent uniform change has made it progressively worse.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Bryan wrote:
rhickok1109 wrote: That powder blue is too wishy-washy for me :)
Yeah, I prefer the Air Coryell uniform scheme. Powder Blue is becoming too overdone.

I agree with the other poster that the Bucs' pewter look was a big upgrade from Creamsicle, On the opposite end, I think the original Atlanta Falcons uniforms were the best they ever had, and each subsequent uniform change has made it progressively worse.
Agree - it feels to me like the Falcons, along with many teams, just add more and more black with every uniform; same with the Eagles.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

Every uniform change this offseason has been an upgrade. Atlanta’s is a wash. They were bad before and they’re still bad, just different. We still have the Rams to look forward to.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I think the Chargers got it right with the powder blues and the tv numbers. Classic look.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

For Tampa, I still would have went back to the Creamsicle, but not to the horrid Bucco Bruce. I would put the current logo on there instead.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

sluggermatt15 wrote:I think the Chargers got it right with the powder blues and the tv numbers. Classic look.
I agree, these look pretty sharp. For years I missed the powder blue of the AFL unis and I'm glad they're keeping it around. Not wishy-washy...ELECTRIFYING!