COVID-19 and the 2020 Coffin Corner

Mark Durr

COVID-19 and the 2020 Coffin Corner

Post by Mark Durr »

I hope everyone is staying safe and well during this time. This year has been a challenging one, in ways we never expected here at the Coffin Corner.

To start 2020, we phased out the page layout program I had been using at work to produce the magazine and I was forced to find a version of it that was compatible with my home computer. I found some legacy software and, after working out some bugs, was able to get it up and running. In the meantime though, I had traveled across the country and on my return, was told to quarantine in place for two weeks. I never had any symptoms and I'm still feeling fine. No sooner had I been released from that, my home state issued a shelter-in-place order and I began working exclusively from home for my day job, which presented it's own logistical problems. Things are running smoothly at this time.

Most of you should of received issue #1 in the mail by now and we are finishing up issue #2. Our printer is located in Pennsylvania, which is also under a stay-at-home order, but they have been granted "essential business" status though, for safety's sake, they are working with reduced staffing. Hopefully the delays in getting these upcoming issues to you will be minimal going forward.

Wishing all our readers good health throughout this crisis.
Last edited by Mark Durr on Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisBabcock

Re: COVID-19 and the 2020 Coffin Corner

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Thanks for the update, Mark. I work at a printer and we are deemed "essential" and we are therefore open. But our workload has fallen off a cliff and most staff reduced to part time, since the vast majority of our customers are "non essential". Printing for health care related organizations has increased though. (for obvious reasons) I am sure our printer in PA appreciates the work to do in printing the Coffin Corner!
Lee Elder

Re: COVID-19 and the 2020 Coffin Corner

Post by Lee Elder »

Mark,

I hope everyone appreciates the effort required to get the CC built and distributed, especially right now. Please be sure you put safety first and keep yourself and your loved ones healthy.

Lee Elder