Last Offensive/return threat?

vikingsfan1963

Last Offensive/return threat?

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

Who was pretty much the last offensive starter who was also returned kickoffs or punts? Maybe there is someone doing this today? Would Percy Harvin have fit this category? I'm talking about someone on the level of Gayle Sayers, Bob Hayes, Terry Metcalf, White Shoes Johnson.
JeffreyMiller

Re: Last Offensive/return threat?

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Josh Cribbs?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Devin Hester was good, but not on the level of Sayers, et al.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

vikingsfan1963 wrote:Who was pretty much the last offensive starter who was also returned kickoffs or punts? Maybe there is someone doing this today? Would Percy Harvin have fit this category? I'm talking about someone on the level of Gayle Sayers, Bob Hayes, Terry Metcalf, White Shoes Johnson.
Tyreek Hill wasn't a returner in 2019, but I think he'd qualify as a star level player who also returned kicks.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

How about Tim Brown who returned punts for the Raiders? He's a Hall of Famer.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

sluggermatt15 wrote:Devin Hester was good, but not on the level of Sayers, et al.
If Devin Hester wasn't on the level of Sayers, et al.... who, in the last 40 years, is?
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

conace21 wrote:
sluggermatt15 wrote:Devin Hester was good, but not on the level of Sayers, et al.
If Devin Hester wasn't on the level of Sayers, et al.... who, in the last 40 years, is?
I was confused if the original poster meant on the level of them in terms of returning punts/kicks or overall as a player. If it is the former, then I agree he is just as good as them.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

sluggermatt15 wrote:
conace21 wrote:
I was confused if the original poster meant on the level of them in terms of returning punts/kicks or overall as a player. If it is the former, then I agree he is just as good as them.
I see. I interpreted to mean an elite KR/PR who was also an offensive starter.
vikingsfan1963

Post by vikingsfan1963 »

This^^^^^^^^
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I think Gary Anderson of the 86 Chargers is the last player to lead his team in rushing, receiving, punt returns and kick returns.