Computer simulations for a mac

Mark

Computer simulations for a mac

Post by Mark »

Does anyone here know if there are any good computer simulations for a mac? I like to have the computer simulate games for me rather than actually playing the game. My personal favorite simulation I've ever played was the old micro league football game from the 90s. I have owned Dave Koch and 2nd and 10. The latter I liked because it included all seasons. My PC is now broken and I am uncertain if I will get it fixed as it is old and I have a Mac. Any suggestions regarding a mac game would be appreciated.
Dusty Sloan

Re: Computer simulations for a mac

Post by Dusty Sloan »

I'd like to know this one, as well. Have a Mac and won't be going to back to PC any time soon...
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

I researched this about 4 years ago or so when I switched to a Mac for my home PC and didn't have any luck. Wound up keeping the old laptop just for some games, now my kids use it. I never really found a simulation that I got as much play time out of as the video games. My favorite was Bowl Bound (Grey Dog Software), but it was college based and not historical at all. I was hopeful with the Dave Koch game as I picked a season I wanted, but the single-wing just didn't feel right.
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

You can run Windows on a Mac.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Front office Football is the best pro football simulation game around. I have heard of people making Front office 7 compatible with Mac.
RyanChristiansen

Post by RyanChristiansen »

You can't run it on a Mac unless you also install Windows, but in my opinion the best simulator is Strat-O-Matic Pro Football. The results are sometimes uncannily accurate. The results for this game are determined by humans, not some algorithm. There are real people deciding how individual players should play out in the game based on their actual performance and opponents. Of course, you get best results if you play teams that actually played one another and if you play with rosters of players who actually played in the games. (Anything else is just fantasy in all games.) You can now get the 1956 through 2018 seasons (2019 comes out in August) except for 1960 and 1987.
"Five seconds to go... A field goal could win it. Up in the air! Going deep! Tipped! Caught! Touchdown! The Vikings! They win it! Time has run out!" - Vikings 28, Browns 23, December 14, 1980, Metropolitan Stadium
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

RyanChristiansen wrote:You can't run it on a Mac unless you also install Windows, but in my opinion the best simulator is Strat-O-Matic Pro Football. The results are sometimes uncannily accurate. The results for this game are determined by humans, not some algorithm. There are real people deciding how individual players should play out in the game based on their actual performance and opponents. Of course, you get best results if you play teams that actually played one another and if you play with rosters of players who actually played in the games. (Anything else is just fantasy in all games.) You can now get the 1956 through 2018 seasons (2019 comes out in August) except for 1960 and 1987.
Front office Football and Stratomatic use the same dice roll system to get their results. The main difference between the two is that in Stratomatic you are playing with real players and real historical teams. Where as with FOF you are pretty much creating your own league universe full of players that the game brings into the league. I like FOF better because it is like running your own franchise where players are drafted in, age, and then retire. Where as with Stratomatic you are playing with the same exact player cards all the time.
Apbaball

Post by Apbaball »

Mark wrote:Does anyone here know if there are any good computer simulations for a mac? I like to have the computer simulate games for me rather than actually playing the game. My personal favorite simulation I've ever played was the old micro league football game from the 90s. I have owned Dave Koch and 2nd and 10. The latter I liked because it included all seasons. My PC is now broken and I am uncertain if I will get it fixed as it is old and I have a Mac. Any suggestions regarding a mac game would be appreciated.
I think DKSports can be played on a Mac. How long ago did you own that program?
Mark

Post by Mark »

Probably about 10 years. I haven't tried to run it on my Mac, I just assumed it would not run on it.
RRMarshall

Post by RRMarshall »

My vote is also for DKSports' Action PC Football. There are posts on their message board detailing how others have been
able to run it on MAC-based systems. Company is very user friendly and answer e-mails and phone calls directly. You could ask them about MAC compatibility.