Luke Kuechly hangs em up

NWebster

Re: Luke Kuechly hangs em up

Post by NWebster »

rhickok1109 wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:Also agreed... that Willis/Kuechly/Wagner are all almost the same player and therefore all about equal in HOF-worthiness. Kuechly might be vaulted a bit higher due to his one DPOY. IF they are all in someday, probably should be in the order of retirement/eligibility. (in the order listed above) Without one leapfrogging another.
From what I've seen, Kuechly is the best of the three because he had considerably more range. He is borderline HOF-worthy; Willis and Wagner, to me, are Very Good.
I'd actually rank them in that order Kuechleys, Willis and Wagner. I think the first two are above the line, still need to see more from Wagner.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I think Kuechly will be enshrined in Canton. Maybe not a first ballot electee, but he should get in down the road. He's arguably the greatest linebacker in the NFL right now. And he's been the best or among the top 5 since he's been in the league. I don't see how he wouldn't be included in the pro football hall of fame.
JameisLoseston

Post by JameisLoseston »

This is shocking, Kuechly wasn't what he used to be exactly anymore but I certainly wouldn't go as far to say he has declined significantly. He is still a top 5 LB in the NFL right now, and I think it's his history of concussions that persuaded him to hang it up. He's about the 5th superstar of 30 or younger we've seen depart the NFL over the last few years, and is in fact younger than Andrew Luck. Is this a blip or a trend? Will NFL careers become shorter in the future, not because of lower durability but greater player conscientiousness about accumulated injuries?